• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bios install in more than one system

BLACK@BLUE

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 24, 2012
Messages
70
Well I know you all are probably smarter than me so you may never run in to this issue.

I had bought parts for 2x 2p socket 1207 systems and had the parts sitting around, wife kept wanting to know when I was going to do something with this stuff I said I had to have. Went out bought a piece of wood and some 6 inch screews so I could mount the board one above the other, to keep the wife happy I put it all together before I had psu's. turned it on and nothing,

Ok cutting to the chase I needed bio's update on both boards to see the 2419 six cores, thinking of taking this stuff all apart to be able to remove the heatsinks and take out the cpu's and put a 2 core back in was gonna be a long task for the bottum board. I decided to flash the top boards bio's and then switch the bio's chip with the lower board, then did the top board again, replaced the cpu's and I was done.

I don't know if I could recommend this to anyone but it saved me a ton of time and headache.
 
As long as they're same hardware, that's how I'd have done it. Good on U M8 for thinking out of the box...
 
Hope this works ok for a picture

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/145/picture007xf.jpg/

I had to remove the 60's fans and put 80's on, system runs fine and noise is way lower, got one more to replace, by the way there just sitting there, been 4 days and haven't moved or anything so i guess its good.

The wires are all over the place right now, not how I wanted it but i wanted to see if i could get it up and running before I worried about how it looked.

I got rubber feet under the wood to make sure the screews aren't able to make contact with anything below board.

Hard drives have a small piece off 2 sided tape to keep em in place.

There are a few things i'd do different now but this is my fist 2p boards ever and was in a hurry, let me know what you think.

Is there a post where you all have your naked setups? love to check em out and get some idea's
 
Last edited:
One thing I forgot to add was I got these mobo's with 2x 2cores & 4 gb ram because of a post someone made here about them, so thank you very much.

Besides adding the 6 core cpu's I did what I guess alot of new ppl did and increased my ram to 8 gb, guess its like xmas to us new ppl to 2p or 4p.
 
Hope this works ok for a picture

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/145/picture007xf.jpg/

I had to remove the 60's fans and put 80's on, system runs fine and noise is way lower, got one more to replace, by the way there just sitting there, been 4 days and haven't moved or anything so i guess its good.

The wires are all over the place right now, not how I wanted it but i wanted to see if i could get it up and running before I worried about how it looked.

I got rubber feet under the wood to make sure the screews aren't able to make contact with anything below board.

Hard drives have a small piece off 2 sided tape to keep em in place.

There are a few things i'd do different now but this is my fist 2p boards ever and was in a hurry, let me know what you think.

Is there a post where you all have your naked setups? love to check em out and get some idea's

That is neat...I should try that with my 4p's would take up less space...
 
Back
Top