• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BIOS flashing while using PHASE CHANGE?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
4,628
This is going to sound very weird, but the first time I booted my PC with phase cooling, the pc locked up while going into the BIOS. The only way around this way to shut off the cooler so the PC can enter the BIOS at a +C temp. After I was in the BIOS I powered on the cooler again and SUB zero temps were back. After the first time doing this I could enter the BIOS ll the time. I'm starting to think the computer has a mind of its own. My question here is: Givin that I had the freeze issue with the BIOS the first time, and it works fine know, should I flash my BIOS while on phase cooling? I just dont want a bad flash....
 
Given that flashing is such a sensitive process, it would be a good idea to have a bios saviour
if you're going to do it while freezing the cpu :D

Which leads me to my own thread....
 
Back
Top