BIOS flashing improves OC results?

ViralRazor

n00b
Well I'm just wondering, do you guys think/or have experienced a bios flash on my P8Z68 V. Pro will improve my overclocking performance?

I'm currently on the pre-release bios (0221) >.> and I'm thinking about going to the beta bios however I've had no problems with the pre-release so far.

As a general rule of thumb, you only update the BIOS when there is something that needs to be fixed. However, a [H]ardcore enthusiast does not play by the rules. Give it a shot, if things get better, keep it, if not, make sure you have a backup so that you can set things back to the way they were before.

Sometimes updated BIOSes have additional options for voltage tweaks and such. Give it a shot.

Its like video card drivers, sometimes you’ll find people going back to older versions because they had OC problems with the newer ones.
not sure about this but I noticed the bios gets some various updates at the beginning then it’s just hardware computability updates.

In my experience there have been a few times where flashing to a new BIOS fixed more problems than the manufacturer claimed it would, so I've always been a fan of going to the latest.

Man you should lf an thread about your board there is most like the better place to discuss about diferent bios versions =)

Back