• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BIOS flash gone bad?

desmopilot

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
127
Flashed my EP45-UD3P via @BIOS, the application said it completed successfully (also note, I took off my OC and did the flash @ stock settings to ensure success), so I start the mandatory restart. When it starts to POST I accidentally hit F12, which is the "boot menu" key, upon entering the boot menu the system locks up and becomes unresponsive, I am forced to shut down via holding down the power button. Start the rig up again and all I get is the fans going full 100%, nothing else, won't respond to holding down the power button so I'm forced to shut it down via the PSU switch. Now whenever I start the system up all I get is the fans going 100% full blast, nothing else. Tried leaving the CMOS battery out for a few mins to clear it, didn't do anything.

Guessing I've bricked my board? Thanks ahead of time.
 
Replace the CMOS battery (it's a CR2032 watch battery), reset the CMOS, and try again.

If that doesn't work, try a barebones bench test (follow the instructions in the troubleshooting sticky); but if you still can't get your board to respond then, you may have bricked it.
 
Back
Top