BIOS doesn't recognize HDD but OBSD install does

Sometwo

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to put together my old computer and got a used mobo and am having a lot of problems relating to the hard drives. My latest problem is that I have connected an old 10GB IDE hard drive that I know works, and the BIOS won't recognize it, and will only *sometimes* recognize my other 60GB drive. But on this old 10GB drive I successfully installed OpenBSD 4.0 on it, yet can't use it because for some reason the BIOS can't find it. What can I try to fix this problem?

In the BIOS look for an option called "HD delay" or "Delay for HD".. (but NOT "hd read or write delay") And change it's value to 4 or 5 seconds.. A few times it has helped me with HD detection when using older hd's or computers..
Not sure why, but it was recommended to me when I had a similar problem, and it worked for me then..
Trying different eide cables may also help..

Does the drive detect on other machines? Is an IDE addon card an option?

Assuming you know that both drives are good ... correctly set to master/slave ... and correctly cabled ... then the only suggestion I would have is to clear the BIOS and or reflash the BIOS with the latest version.

Back