• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Billy Mitchell's Innocent!

Here is another recent interview where they get straight to asking him if he cheated or not.



The previous interview that led to the follow-up call

 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
then play the game and get the high score again.

also records weren't allowed to be submitted on tape i thought.
 
As I'm old as moss, I don't always know what you kids are going on about.

This is what I thought:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Mitchell

I learned about him in the AF, so I didn't know that he was found innocent, let alone guilty.


Same here! Was never in any service, but have watched and studied quite a lot of history about the wars. I never even saw this guy before, and I'm in to tech and gaming!
 
Think that's cringey? Watch the documentary Tickled.

I just watched that trailer. I don't want to watch that, but I also do because WTF knew that was a thing??!!
 
I just watched that trailer. I don't want to watch that, but I also do because WTF knew that was a thing??!!

Seriously. I haven't watched it yet. Only watched the trailer, and I don't think that I want to see it. I was thinking the same, what in the fuck? :nailbiting:
 
then play the game and get the high score again.

also records weren't allowed to be submitted on tape i thought.
They were not allowed to be submitted on tape at the time, but they made an exception for Mitchell since he was friendly with several people at Twin Galaxies and was considered a legend.
Even if his record could be sent in on tape the editing of the score, at a very specific time, is fake as can be.
What he did is what we call "Tool Assisted" these days. He basically spliced together segments he recorded using the arcade emulator MAME. There are several videos out there now that break down how he did it.
 
I should do a Google search on who this Billy Mitchell guy is before responding to this thread...

edit: so the guy cheated on Donkey Kong and Pac-Man...
 
If you thought A Fist Full of Quarters was cringy, check out the followup Chasing Ghosts. The one dude's "art" collection. I don't even know. It almost tops Mr. Awesome.
 
This guy is Mr. Perfect I hope he gets his twin galaxies score and record reinstated.
 
Back
Top