BigAMD worklog:

mwin

2[H]4U
Well, I finally got the waterblocks for my 8800GT's so it's time to start another worklog. I haven't made much progress up to this point. I pulled the guts (2 8800GT's, 4200+ X2, 2 gb ram) out of the V1200 case and started prepping it to cut a hole in the top for the Black Ice Stealth 3x120mm radiator. I'm hoping to get it all together here in the next week or so. I've still got some parts on the way that I'm going to need before I can get it all together.

Here's a couple of pretty good resolution pics of the Ione.
IMG_0710small.JPG

IMG_0712small.JPG

PetrasTech topped DDC+
TDX on a 939-pin 4200+ X2
2x Ione's on 8800GT's
BI Stealth 3x120mm radiator (it'll have the slow S-Flex fans on it)
Dual 5.25" bay res

It'll have .5" ID tygon frorm the reservior to the pump and 3/8" ID tygon from the pump on through the loop.

Little update:

Sitting with the top taped up:
IMG_0713small.JPG

Radiator Grille:
IMG_0720small.JPG

Holes drilled:
IMG_0726small.JPG

Where the pump is going to go, and a rubber grommet:
IMG_0728small.JPG

I've got to go buy a 12cm hole saw here in a few minutes, and the modifications to fit the radiator will be finished.

Holes!
IMG_0730small.JPG

Got the divider taped up, and I'm working on exactly where I want to cut more holes. Unfortunately, my drill with the hole saw on it was too tall to get into that space to cut the holes for the tubing. Planning on taking care of that this afternoon.
IMG_0736small.JPG

Awesome, looking to do almost the exact same thing to my V1100.

This is the work log for me to look at heh.

Got the holes cut and grommets installed for the tubes to and from the pump:
IMG_0739small.JPG

Tubes!
IMG_0743small.JPG

The pump:
IMG_0745small.JPG

Nasty TDX:
IMG_0751small.JPG

Full of ketchup:
IMG_0757small.JPG

Naked 8800GT:
IMG_0764small.JPG

Waterblock installed:
IMG_0767small.JPG

Doing some test fitting, looks like I'm going to have to rethink my tubing from the video cards to the rad, again:
IMG_0769small.JPG

Getting closer:
IMG_0789small.JPG

Waterblocks mounted:
IMG_0791small.JPG

Closeup:
IMG_0792small.JPG

Leak testing:
IMG_0793small.JPG

Loop closeup:
IMG_0794small.JPG

Awesome, lemme know how your overclocking and temps are.

Do you have an after pic of the TDX?

I've spent some quality time with a toothbrush and ketchup/vinegar in the past, myself. Wondering how "unblack" it became :)

Do you have an after pic of the TDX?

I've spent some quality time with a toothbrush and ketchup/vinegar in the past, myself. Wondering how "unblack" it became :)

I don't have an after pic. It looked alot better when I got done with it, but it was still a pretty good ways from looking "new". I'm thinking that a specialized brass cleaner or something would do alot better. Maybe mineral spirits? Since I was covering it up with that brass top, I didn't stress myself with trying to get it shined up.

Just gotta say, you won't necessarily see an improvement on the vid card temps if you're running the water through the CPU first, that'll heat it up, might want to look into splitting the line so half the water goes to the vid cards and half goes the the CPU

Just gotta say, you won't necessarily see an improvement on the vid card temps if you're running the water through the CPU first, that'll heat it up, might want to look into splitting the line so half the water goes to the vid cards and half goes the the CPU

I think that you greatly overestimate the amount of heating that the water will do as it flows through the CPU block. This is a discussion for the watercooling forum, though.

Since my wiring is still terrible, I can't show off any pictures of the rig. I will show off a couple of screen shots, though. The first is after a real long time of idling. The second one is after about an hour of multiplayer gaming in CoD4.

Idle:
idle.JPG

CoD4:
load.JPG

More than a year later, I finally got around to finishing this up. The chipset fan started screeching, then quit. It quit because it was no longer spinning. So I ordered a chipset block for it, from Danger Den. Here's what happened:

Here's the computer as it sat, up until a few days ago:
IMG_0869small.jpg

From the side:
IMG_0870small.jpg

Motherboard removed:
IMG_0871small.jpg

Got everything back in:
IMG_0873small.jpg

Closeup on the loop:
IMG_0876small.jpg

Closeup on the chipset block:
IMG_0878small.jpg