BIG Weird Problem With My New 790i and 2x GX2's

Jager673

Limp Gawd
Whenever i installed a fresh Vista Ultimate 64-Bit on my new build it sometimes dont get past the loading bar or sometimes it is at the loading bar and it loads stops then loads and it keeps doing that over and over. I recently hooked it up to the internet to get the SP1 pack and when it starts doing the Configuring Updates it does what it did at the loading bar it loads than stops over and over. Is there any type of fix for this? I have BIOS at defaults as well. I have a Q6600 for the CPU.

Thanks.

I think with some MBs you have to install SP1 before you run SLI and load the latest MB and GPU drivers after installing SP1. Try unplugging the power from one GPU, and also, use just one stick of RAM until you install SP1 as I have read that some people have initial install problems with 4 GBs of ram until they install SP1.

I personally used Vlite on another machine to make a slipstreamed Vista64 SP1 DVD with a bunch of the language packs, services, Defender, etc. stripped out of the install, and with the setup done unattended. That way Vista is a good bit lighter from the get go.

Oh ok well i have the Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR3 1600 now i also heard that you could use the other memory slots which is better. right?

well i updated to SP1 then updated all the windows updates then updated all the other nVidia stuff then i installed the graphics update and i still get a black screen..... I have no idea whats worng.........

Well i tried to update with one of the cards and that worked with the beta drivers but then i turned off the PC put the other GX2 in then put the bridge on it went to a black screen again... there is something worng with my SLI.

Back