• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Big typhoon purchased

You will be happy.

Won't be happy trying to install it.

But will be happy with the results.
 
A good product... I used for one for a while on my X2 4400+ and saw great results. Not as good as cheap water, but darn near close.

I also found a 4c drop off load by using AS5 and replacing the stock fan with a Panaflo 120mm. Almost as quiet but pushed double the CFM's.

Worked great.
 
I read a review on that cooler that showed it to be 1 degree worse at idle and only 2 degrees cooler than a stock cooler under load. Hardly worthwhile considering the price, difficulty of installation and the size of the damn thing.

When I looked at it, the thing didn't seem particularly well designed.
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
I read a review on that cooler that showed it to be 1 degree worse at idle and only 2 degrees cooler than a stock cooler under load. Hardly worthwhile considering the price, difficulty of installation and the size of the damn thing.

When I looked at it, the thing didn't seem particularly well designed.

You're reading the wrong reviews my good man... take a look over at another well known forum where this cooler has been discussed and reviewed to death by many forum members, in all cases, results we're at the top of the heap, to be only beaten by water cooling.

The BT properly installed and well used is without much doubt in the top 5 best air coolers on the market today.

Let me add, I do not use one, however, I did at one time and when I did I was very impressed.
 
I only read one review. The only thing I wonder, is how the review I read could have been so far off if that's the case.

Not saying the BT is good or bad, I don't know from personal experience.
 
Which review is this? I'm interested in their testing procedures and results.
 
I don't remember. It was Hexus or something like that.
 
should be a nice cooler...juss remember to use AS5 and replace the fan if u need further cooling ;)
 
Yeah, there is one review from a particular site which gives 6/10, and compared to the rest that gives much more.

I, myself am going to purchase the thermaltake big typhoon, and i have a Delta 120mm High speed fan, anyone think it'll stay on and not cause problems? anyone else use a HS with a Delta high speed fan for cpus?
 
Back
Top