• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Big Typhoon custom mount?

CoW]8(0)

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,427
Since I'm missing some of the parts for my Big Typhoon heatsink, I was curious if I would run to any problems making a custom mount on my Socket 754 motherboard.

I'll be using the metal backplate that came with the motherboard instead of the H shaped backplate and foam pad which comes with the heatsink.
 
I pickup up one on Ebay recently, and it had some bits missing, like the foam pad and mylar washer. But it did have one universal H bracket that fits my 775, and a H bracket you have to assemble together, that again fits 775.

I can't be sure of the 754 but if it's any help...

If you don't have the insulation pad/washer on the back put the nuts (they are metric M3 BTW) on the back, with insulating mylar washers. then get some extra M3 nuts for the top.

So:
BOLT --> Rear Bracket --> M3 Nut --> Mylar washer --> MOTHERBOARD --> Mylar washer --> brass spacer --> Top bracket --> M3 Nut

This works and keeps the weight ON the brackets and OFF the motherboard!

They are great coolers. The overclock performance matches the single 120mm radiator watercooling solution I put together, is cooler, quieter and a hell of a lot less messy!

Marc
 
Back
Top