• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Big Typhoon crooked~

desultadox

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
224
I have a Thermaltake Big Typhoon installed on a DFI LanParty UT nf4 Ultra-D motherboard with a 3700+ San Diego. I took the stock fan off of the heatsink and replaced it with a 120x38mm Panaflo Ultra (which required mild ghetto-rigging). Installation of the Typhoon wasn't exactly a straightforward task and I notice that the heatsink is sort of crooked. I can actually move it around a little, too. It doesn't come up off the processor though, i can just sort of rotate it. My CPU temp is ~3x C when overclocked to 2.65ghz. I'm guessing the temps are OK, but maybe they could be better? Anyone else have a Big Typhoon that can share their experience? Thanks.
 
Mines also a little crooked dude, I don't think its anything to worry about, the heatpipes are probably just bent a slight amount.
 
I had to pretty much figure out how to mount my big typhoon myself it wasnt too bad just used common sense.....anyways mine is a little loose as well but its pretty tight so I dont feel like tightening and crushing it when temps are good.
 
i tinghtened bouth of mine down to the point where they could not move anymore in any direction.

and one of them is on a naked A64. they work great :D
 
Presto88 said:
I had to pretty much figure out how to mount my big typhoon myself it wasnt too bad just used common sense.....anyways mine is a little loose as well but its pretty tight so I dont feel like tightening and crushing it when temps are good.

Yeah, the mounting is pretty straightfoward, even tho I despise Tt I find the Typhoon works pretty good for me. I get as low as 27C idle on my 3400+ ClawHammer when my AC is set to about 71F. I wish they would have included longer screws in a new revision or sent them out to people who proved they had purchased a Typhoon.
 
Back
Top