BIG & Tall Computer Chair Deals?

lundrog

[H]ard|Gawd
Guy's,

Today is black Friday and I am desperately in need of a computer chair.

I am a large guy, being 6'5 and 320 pounds ( yes , i'm over weight) I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations. And of course idea's for a deal.

I got two Office Star Double Leather Managers chairs I have one for home office and one for office office. I highly recommend it. I got mine twice for $299 at Staples, but they seem to be higher now. I had one for 2 years and another for 1 year. I had to RMA a back for one because staples came out and arms for another (both shipped and paid free by the manufacturer). It is still worth it, it tilts back the perfect amount, it is sturdy, and comfortable.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Late reply and I hope you bought it, but we have tons of those in the office.

This might sound bad, but a lot of the overweight workers love those chairs in their cubicles.

At my Office we use the Mirra & all of us bigger guys like them

http://store.hermanmiller.com/Products/Mirra-Chair

Im 6'3" & was 280 when we started & Like it alot. The guy who sits behind me is 6'4" & about 360 & he also like the Mirra. I have never used the Celle so I cant speak to how it would compare, but probably still pretty nice since its a Herman Miller.

Actually the big and tall stores usually have chairs in their catalog ask but they are like Herman miller prices

Thanks everyone . I decided to go with the hermanmiller celle. The warranty and customization were both options I was looking for.

Thanks everyone . I decided to go with the hermanmiller celle. The warranty and customization were both options I was looking for.

I realize this was a few years ago, but I'm just a few inches shorter than you and the same weight and considering the Celle...how have you liked it? Comfortable enough for hours of sitting? I've been demoing a Steelcase Leap and for as much as I want to like it, after an hour or two my butt can't un-feel the edges of the seat or what seems to be a support bar running across it.

I'm neither particularly big or very tall, but I got this for around $275 at Costco earlier this year and felt that it was the most comfortable computer chair I've ever sat in. Not sure how it stacks up to Herman Miller (been a long while since I sat in a Herman Miller), but it supports 350 or 400 lbs of weight (I forgot which).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
just a note, I would not recommend bonded leather for anything, and you can probably assume most cheap leather chairs are bonded leather, not genuine leather. Bonded leather is ground leather scraps mixed with glue pasted to fabric. It does not last. It is usually disclosed, sometimes not though.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/304574/Serta-Smart-Layers-Jennings-Super-Task/

Get this one it's a Serta I have the same model good for 400 lbs I weigh 250 myself. The adjustable arms come in handy when gaming and they don't stick your elbows don't stick like Rubber Arm rests do. where it's tacky cause they are coated with leather.
Just don't get too comfortable in it =) I recommend doing stretches after long sessions like a Foam Roller or just take a walk.

just a note, I would not recommend bonded leather for anything, and you can probably assume most cheap leather chairs are bonded leather, not genuine leather. Bonded leather is ground leather scraps mixed with glue pasted to fabric. It does not last. It is usually disclosed, sometimes not though.

I guess if bonded leather isn't to the taste of some, they could always go with a DXRacer chair: DXRacer website

They have a lot of models (including several options for big/tall) and use leather-styled vinyl. Probably not the best choice but from what I hear, these chairs are about as good as it gets from a purely gaming perspective (short of custom-made or Herman Miller).

Back