Big surprise: Guitar Hero 4, Call of Duty 5, and Tony Hawk 11 confirmed

Bowhuntr11

[H]F Junkie
http://www.progamenews.com/?p=17622

Activision’s biggest pre-merger franchises are all (GASP!) getting sequel treatment. In a fact sheet concerning the Activision Blizzard deal (PDF file), the publisher lists Guitar Hero 4, Call of Duty 5, a new Tony Hawk title (which would be its 11th iteration), a James Bond game and a racing title with the recently-acquired Bizarre Creations, as well as licensed titles with Dreamworks and Marvel.

None of these sequels come as a surprise, as they are all critical and commercial successes, but this is the first official confirmation of their existence. According to Activision Blizzard’s earlier conference call, 50% of Activision’s revenues are derived from franchises it owns outright, including Guitar Hero and Call of Duty. It should be noted that as well that all three franchises also have competition from rival Electronic Arts in the form of Rock Band, Medal of Honor and Skate. No word on project release dates for any of the sequels.

I guess since they already are planning on guitar hero 4 that the DLC is going to get thin....just like it did for guitar hero 2 whenever they knew they were going to make #3

The sad thing is, I thought you were being sarcastic by calling the next Tony Hawk game "Tony Hawk 11," and then I counted them out myself...

I really wish activision had nothing to do with the CoD series. Tony Hawks gone to shit, IMO, and I could care less about guitar hero because it's not even the same people.

I believe Call of Duty 5 is due out in April . It's currently in development with Treyarch

Im looking forward to the bizarre racing game. Cant wait for a PGR style racer on the PS3.

Also anyone know if treyarch is going to continue with the modern style CoD game, or if they are sticking with world war 2?

I still remember the first Tony Hawk...I'm pretty sure it wasn't 11 years ago. How frequently do they release those things, anyway?

Wow. Soon there are going to be more Guitar Heros' than EverQuest expansions...

They should really stop milking the market. A 7 year old child could program new versions of that game. I don't get why they only put 40 songs on it, then 4months later release a "new" version. It's jack, and I'm never going to buy a single one.

As for CoD5, again, if it is planning on being released in the next 2 years, I feel that it is a mistake. It seemed like there was about 1-1.5 years in between CoD2 and CoD3, but what's sad is CoD2 put CoD3 to shame. I feel that CoD5 might meet the same untimely fate...

God, another Tony Hawk game? I mean, I used to like the series, but now it has just gotten ridiculous. I guess playing a clown on a trike is cool nowadays. I used to buy the games because they were fun, and you could do some killer stuff on them. The new ones are just retarded IMO. If they could make another one that was similar to 2 or 3 with updated graphics, I would probably actually buy it...

Not sure, but the first Tony Hawk was releasesed on the PS1 somewhere around 99 or 2k iirc

The sad thing is, I thought you were being sarcastic by calling the next Tony Hawk game "Tony Hawk 11," and then I counted them out myself...

Yea, but.... he quoted that off of some official....press release, if you will.

With Blizzard quality right? :) Tony Hawk could use some of that these days.

When sequels get cranked up to 11...that's going a little too far. Never was a fan of skater games anyway.

I think that Treyarch should forget about the "COD" series, make their own similar game and call it something else. COD 2 and 4...great games. Cod 3...meh. However, cod 3, having no PC version is what ruined it for a ton of people. I hope that COD 5 will have a PC version. On the 360 anyway, i felt like COD 3 was a better game than COD 2. However, when you compare cod 3 on the 360 to cod 2 on the pc...well...cod 2 wins...duh.

son of a bitch here comes treyarch ruining what infinity ward gave us, they should drop the cod sequal thing all together and call it a fucking expansion. I'm getting sick of seeing this half assed call of duty games. call of duty 3 sucked ass and the expansions for the original call of duty were mehhh.

Back