• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Big Screen TV for PC games?

Kaizer

Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2001
Messages
737
Ive been hording a bit of cash, and ive been considering a few different 'upgrades'

One of those would be getting a Projection TV to play games on. Right now ive been playing games in 1600x1200 resolution. Id be using the machine below in my sig to hook up to it.

Anyone have any suggestions on a decent TV for this.

I have a 22" monitor right now.. and im happy with it.. but I just want bigger!


the other upgrade would be just overhauling my machine with an amd64/pcie system.
 
i have a 40" rear projection samsug, and games look good on it through svideo input. my new video card has HD tv out and the samsung is HD-ready, so it should be an improvement.

i have found that games look their best at 1024x768 on my tv. if i go higher the text becomes fuzzy and harder to read.
 
Thats what im concerned about is how fuzzy it will be.

Im not against getting a projector, but they dont seem to offer very high resolutions.

I dont think my card had a hd tv jack on it.. so maybe I will just have to upgrade the pc for that too... hrm.. :)
 
Yea Ive seen that.. but.. Im not really interested in building anything. Id just buy a projector straight up if I was going to go that route.

Any one else that uses their TV as a monitor for games have any suggetions? Like does the HD tv hook up make a big difference? In which case ill upgrade my pc first, then get a tv.

I really only plan on playing World of Warcraft on it for now.. I know doom 3 would look good.. but thats mainly because of its graphics style.. so being able to read some text in the game will be semi-important for WoW..
 
for thay diy one from toms hardware, what would happen if i just slapped my lcd in its houring under a normal overhead projector? does light have to shine through the screen for it to work?
 
compslckr said:
for thay diy one from toms hardware, what would happen if i just slapped my lcd in its houring under a normal overhead projector? does light have to shine through the screen for it to work?
I believe it would fry because of the heat unless you put a couple of fans up to it. I really have no idea though.
 
Back
Top