• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Big Sata and ata133 question

spacefarts

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
1,350
Ok, I got 2 40 gig drives I want to setup in raid 0 on my system but I have no ata133 raid controller on board.

My question is, can I use the converter that I got with my abit board and use the onboard Sata controller that is onboard? and is there a speed differance between going that route vs using a regular PCI ata133 raid controller?
 
I'm Guessing your 40Gb's are old drives and The Speed Diffrence using a Pata > Sata Bridge is going to be neglable if any.
 
Yea the 40gig drives I wana use are about a year and a 1/2 old, there not the SE drives, there the old ata100 2mb cache models..

I guess I'll give it a shot, I'm looking to add more storage space because of all the video editing I do and figured seen as how I got these 40gig drives left over from my previous system, might as well put them to good use. Didn't really want to get a ATA133 controller unless I had to.. Judging by what you said, the performance wont be that noticeable,, i might as well save some bucks and use the SATA controller.

Thanks for the input.
 
Back
Top