Big Rumor, take with several grains of salt: Video text hints that Larian is developing Baldur's Gat

Derangel

Fully [H]
Source

I recommend heading my title's advice and not getting too excited, yet, but this is too fun to speculate on for me not to make a news post.

Larian put up a little teaser video on their main site that's just the roman numeral III. For most people, the first guess would be Divinity: Original Sin 3. After all, Larian shot down the BG3 rumor last year (and this is why I gave the warning in the title). However, something interesting happens when the video it saved and opened in a text editor.

Tbc7rFBTpejkCC9pTotfpi.png

That isn't the only Baldur's Gate reference to be found either.

D71VqqLV4AgdyhQ?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

When PCGamer reached out to Larian they declined to comment on the rumor. Take that as you will.

Edit: I know the title is a missing an "e". Didn't notice I ran out of characters. Is there a mod that would be kind enough to fix my mistake?

Baldurs Gat, now I’m just picturing an evil guy in full plate with a 9mm....

I've heard stories of table top games that have gone like that. Time travel stuff and somehow this medieval bad guy ends up with a gun.

The last Saint's Row game was horrible. This one sounds even stupider than the last.

Can't wait for all the unfunny jokes and writing that's more awkward than a fan translation from a language they don't know.

Back