Big Printer for office, help please!

Kodin

n00b
Hi all

I work for a small engineering company, I had a quote from a company in regards to getting a new printer. At the moment we have an ancient Toshiba big printer from like 2012, we had it on a contract where after a certain amount of years we own it outright and that ended years ago, but we're still stuck in a contract with Toshiba for servicing and for Black and white + color prints which we pay for what we use, obviously, both color and B&W are a lot more expensive to produce than a current machine in the market

As well as this we have 2 Epson workforce printers in both offices mine is screwed though as it won't print anything correctly, it's only used for scanning.

The new machine proposed is an ex-display Cannon image runner C3530i from 2018 I think, the contract is a lease rental for £50 ex VAT per month for 5 years and then we own the machine outright.

It will do black and white at 0.28 Pence per print and color at 2.8 Pence per print

No minimum charge for printing

The cost per page will include all parts, labor, maintenance, toner, and any emergency calls, the cost also includes networking your device training and configuring it to your requirements. There is no minimum billing charge and no standing charge or additional maintenance charge. Service bills to be taken monthly by direct debit and e-connection maintenance is mandatory

They will pay off our Toshiba service contract, which is around £200 -£300 I can't remember

They will also chuck in a free smaller canon printer to replace the broken one in the office I work in.

Is this a good deal and are cannon a reliable brand?

Hi all

I work for a small engineering company, I had a quote from a company in regards to getting a new printer. At the moment we have an ancient Toshiba big printer from like 2012, we had it on a contract where after a certain amount of years we own it outright and that ended years ago, but we're still stuck in a contract with Toshiba for servicing and for Black and white + color prints which we pay for what we use, obviously, both color and B&W are a lot more expensive to produce than a current machine in the market

As well as this we have 2 Epson workforce printers in both offices mine is screwed though as it won't print anything correctly, it's only used for scanning.

The new machine proposed is an ex-display Cannon image runner C3530i from 2018 I think, the contract is a lease rental for £50 ex VAT per month for 5 years and then we own the machine outright.

It will do black and white at 0.28 Pence per print and color at 2.8 Pence per print

No minimum charge for printing

The cost per page will include all parts, labor, maintenance, toner, and any emergency calls, the cost also includes networking your device training and configuring it to your requirements. There is no minimum billing charge and no standing charge or additional maintenance charge. Service bills to be taken monthly by direct debit and e-connection maintenance is mandatory

They will pay off our Toshiba service contract, which is around £200 -£300 I can't remember

They will also chuck in a free smaller canon printer to replace the broken one in the office I work in.

Is this a good deal and are cannon a reliable brand?
my former employer, a decent sized school district, switched to canon last year. similar deal and they were great, while i was there.

We run a slew of Canon Image Runner Machines at work, I would say the bigger units like the image runner C3530i are pretty hassle-free minus employees not cleaning the scanner glass and a few parts from service here or there. We use uniflow document management integrated with Onedrive but I would not suggest this in lieu of a good desktop scanner for more than a few folks needing quick scanning. Also the scanner is kind of a pita to scan to the network as an alternative. Also secure print is very $$$ and their cloud setup is really slow. I think our rate is USD .5c for a color page and .1 for black and white. I would suggest you set a default print profile to b&w and maybe even dual sided as the way they count color is if even on pixel in 1000 page document as 1000 pages of color. For dual-sided can shrink costs by 1/2 if your company can live with it.

Back