BIG little emulator rig

napster0317

Limp Gawd
I have started the plans to mod my sparc station 2, I will be posting pics very soon ,
the planned systems to be emulated.
Nes, SNES, N64,Game Cube
Sega Master System, Sega Gen, Sega CD,
Ps2 and PS1 of course
Xbox
game boy all the way to advanced or sp,
Atari, virtuaboy, Commadore 64,
that looks to be about it for now, and i am trying to make a flash interface for it as well. I have had several people tell me that they would buy one if after this project I feel up to making another. the pc will be able to surf the net as well so that I can get the most out of it.... it will be a fun mod.
www.protious.net/pics.html

Last I heard, there was no xbox or gamecube emulator that ran anything worth a damn.

I am hoping that some very bored and talented people will get to work on that , it might take some time to get this going , and if they dont work, thats fine, i will just wait on them.

I have a few new parts that just came in, Thank you ebay!!!
1u heatsink $12
laptop cd adapter $10
laptop hd adapter $15
PSU $20
Motherboard $30
1.6ghz AMD $60
512mb pc2100 $50
Geforce 5200 FX $50
2 riser cards $20
total Includes
shipping $267
Parts I still need
Cd Drive, and Hd both from a laptop cd needs to be dvdrw DL
lcd screen

The gamecube has a mini DVD drive with the tracks running backwards. So that would be one helluva drive mod.

with that in mind, i might have to just run an emulator that can read off the HD , well good news, the processor and motherboard came in today!!!! I was very thrilled that it didnt get soaked due to a massive down pour about 10 min before I got home. the Processor was in the worst wrap that I have ever seen!!!! it had a card board strip wrapped around a buble wrapped CPU and then a flimsy envolope.

napster0317 said:
with that in mind, i might have to just run an emulator that can read off the HD , well good news, the processor and motherboard came in today!!!! I was very thrilled that it didnt get soaked due to a massive down pour about 10 min before I got home. the Processor was in the worst wrap that I have ever seen!!!! it had a card board strip wrapped around a buble wrapped CPU and then a flimsy envolope.
Who the [H]ell wrapped that CPU???!
Hope it didn't get zapped with static! Sounds like the worst wrapping job ever. Except maybe for the Matrix Orbital one-wire sensors I ordered from Japan.....

Well the computer is all together.pressed the power button, everything is plugged in and is in what i would think is working order untill I notice that the screen isnt coming on, changed the monitors that i was using, still nothin... well that is interesting, ok so it isnt beeping, isnt posting isnt showing any signs of life other that the fans are on and lit up as well as the drives are spooling. sighs off to work then back to play with it.

napster0317 said:
Well the computer is all together.pressed the power button, everything is plugged in and is in what i would think is working order untill I notice that the screen isnt coming on, changed the monitors that i was using, still nothin... well that is interesting, ok so it isnt beeping, isnt posting isnt showing any signs of life other that the fans are on and lit up as well as the drives are spooling. sighs off to work then back to play with it.

Sounds like a bad PSU i had one that did that.

did you check to make sure the clear cmos jumper is in the correct postion? some motherboards come with it in the clear postion.....if you have questions about it check the manual it will tell you the correct postion and where it is on the motherboard.....other wise if it is a powersupply isssue take everything out and put in only the components you need ie: video card ram cpu etc...then if it works start adding components one at a time and try to boot inbetween adding them.....hope this helps....

I am trying to get rid of PCI i have 4 slots that need to be taken out, going to read up a little before i attempt this. when i mean slots i mean the risers themselves.

just changed the jumper settings and the mobo is fine so is the processor... going to try something else though, I am going to try and use the onboard vid, due to the fact that i am not going to be doing the xbox and Game cube emu for a while. what i would like to do is run the vga from the mother board to a dvi input on the tv and see if it works. hmm scrathes head.

Today I finally took the time to make the template for the screw holes then dripped the holes and mounted the mother board and dry fit the rest of the parts to see if they would fit, the next mod to do is to cut the hole for the cd drive, and then the hole for the fans and LCD to fit.

Went to http://www.mnpctech.com/ and bought some of that really sweet Carbon Fiber
vinyl film and a fighter jet toggle switch for the power switch and then the new modders mesh, which i plan on painting a greenish
color. But tommorrow i am going to try and mount some shizzle and get some pics up., the new total is about $405.61

So how easy is that carbon fiber film to work with? Does it look fairly good in person or what?

I am a virgin to the film so far, just ordered it last night, but the second I get the stuff I will post. I am also going to make some videos about putting it on, just short little 10 second ones I think. I am looking forward to the experience of working with it, a few people that I have talked to put it on the dash of their car, and one guy had enough to cover the hood of his car. I am not so sure how it would handle the excessive heat and cooling, but that is another post. I have recently had a little issue with my car that might need to be taken care of first. the muffler fell off and the ac is dead, but luckely the compressor is fine, any way. I have to figure out how to cut the cpu whole in exactly the right spot. this will be a little fun. the cover is plastic and I am thinking that the local true value may get a visit from me for some scrap metal and one of the large drill bits. the next order of business is to figure out how to cool the case enough and keep it quiet at the same time. Cant do water or phase change, , I have 4 cats that are at all times into everything!!!!! lol check out the new pics on www.protious.net/pics.html later all.

I am not having to sell my machine for the rent money!!! I found some money laying around in my old case!!!!! I used to hide money in it, that was the one place that no one in my family or friends dare to go into. so as soon as the new parts come in the mail I will be posting for more updates!!!!!

I actually did end up selling the pc but not for rent money, I still have the case and am planning to still do the mod, but at the moment I am taking care of my 15 yr old baby, she needs a front end alignment, new brakes and some misc body work. :-( so work on this little beast is on hold, as the weather here is perfect to work on the car, and monsoon season is on the other side of this week maybe, so I am doing the stupid thing and replacing the brakes and doing the paint my self!!! WOOOHHOOO the dremel is coming out and rust will fly. maybe some bondo practice too...

I have just received almost every part that I need, I am looking for a cheap lcd like the ones from crystal fontz but i am not having to much luck. [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CFA633-YYB-KS is the one that i would really like, just wanting to check if any one may have one for sale, maybe later tonight i can order one, hmmm we will see.
[/font]

Man, i'm more interested in seeing pics of the car then the case at this point.

The pics of my car are on my site, although she aint a looker, I have no plans on selling her now.

Back