• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Big Drop in Performance

Michael.R

Gawd
Joined
Jan 20, 2005
Messages
886
I just reinstalled my OS and I noticed a big drop in performance in the video stress test for source.

I used to be running at 118FPS now im at 86FPS every time I run it.

Im using the same forceware drivers 91.31

Another interesting thing I noted is dropping the AA or AF doesnt really have any impact on performance and as of right now both are maxed. All the video settings are the same as befor I reinstalled the OS.

The only difference that I can think of between my old install and now is the fact that I have my two 74gb raptors in raid 0.

Anyone think they can help? My specs are
-A64 3500+ default clock
-OCZ Rev 2 at 2-2-2-5
-6800 Ultra OC
-MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
-2x74GB Raptors in Raid 0
-Forceware 91.31

EDIT: I have been looking around a bit more and im even more confused now. This benchmark with similar system specs posts 80 FPS for the same settings I am running my VST at. I dont understand how I could have had 118 FPS whenever I ran the stress test befor the reinstall and now after the reinstall im getting close to the same resaults as others. It seems like a huge jump and I am positive my settings are the exact same. Well time for more looking around.
 
WOWWWsers 118 fps on stress test, thats amazing for a 6800 ultra. I'd definetly check your settings as that seems a bit high.
 
had you added any custom graphics modifications to an autoexec.cfg file before that turned off fog, or made dead bodies fade quicker or stopped the props displaying, or even turned of bump mapping/specular mapping.

Theres tonnes of custom chances to the video settings you can make through command line.
 
Ya im thinking that there was some changes to the autoexec.cfg that I either made and forgot about or one of the mods I installed had changed it without me knowing.

The more I look at the difference between the stress test and the compare it to other benchmarks on the internet the more abnormal it seems.

My 3DMark scores seems to line up with others so I cant really think of anything else that might be wrong. There must have been some changes to the autoexec.cfg that I didnt know about or forgot about.
 
Back
Top