• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Big difference between a 9800 PRO 128 MB and...

Nightrain

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
346
a 6800GT? Is it worth the difference? Or should I wait for the prices to drop down a bit? BTW my specs are

AMD 64 Athlon 3200+
1 GB Corsair XMS 3200 RAM
MSI "K8N Neo Platinum" Mobo
 
The Batman said:
Huge difference. It'll do double of anything the 9800Pro could do and that's at stock speeds.

I don't imagine the prices will drop until the end of this year. Supply is too low, demand is insanely high.

I plan on waiting to the holidays anyway because frankly I cannot affored a new video card at the moment (just bought the new rig and and possibly a new monitor). However does ASUS have any plans of releasing
 
Yes. It's a 2 slot, 2 molex solution. Comes with a really nice looking blue custom cooler as well.
 
Hey Nightrain, I've got a 6800GT and I love it. The 9800Pro is still a good card tho. Either will run a VP201 easily :D.
 
Hi there. For what it's worth and I suppose I just wanted to tell someone, I was convinced enough by the reviews (I really want to play Doom 3 in high or ultra) that I just bought the BFG GT OC. Bestbuys in Massachusetts just got a bunch in yesterday (Monday 9th) and I believe I got the last one from any BB in the Boston Metro area (they're all sold out now and it's Tuesday 10th).

Nothing wrong with my 9800 Pro 128 but I'm too much of a snob to live with Medium textures!

PS: First post for me - hello! (I visit the US a lot despite living in Europe, hence the Mass references).
 
tamislan said:
Hi there. For what it's worth and I suppose I just wanted to tell someone, I was convinced enough by the reviews (I really want to play Doom 3 in high or ultra) that I just bought the BFG GT OC. Bestbuys in Massachusetts just got a bunch in yesterday (Monday 9th) and I believe I got the last one from any BB in the Boston Metro area (they're all sold out now and it's Tuesday 10th).

Nothing wrong with my 9800 Pro 128 but I'm too much of a snob to live with Medium textures!

PS: First post for me - hello! (I visit the US a lot despite living in Europe, hence the Mass references).

You must have a lot of money to be able to visit the US a lot from Europe. Especially for a computer part.
 
I don't think he visits the US for the parts. That's just an added bonus of the trip.
 
my 9800 pro 128mb played 1024x768 high quality through the entire game smoothly. :shrug:
 
That's good to hear (I've heard it elsewhere too). I do like an excuse to get a new video card though! It's about the only luxury I can afford to splash out on for the computer at the moment.
 
Back
Top