• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Big days?

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 20, 2003
Messages
7,300
I usually average around 1,700-3,000 pts a week... But one day last week, I did 2,000 points in a day... Does anyone else ever get a 'big day'? I mean, you do the equivilant of a weeks work in a day. :p

Now if my PIII 650 would finish this MASSIVE Unit, it's been working on it for over a week now. :(
 
’m‚³‚ñ said:
I usually average around 1,700-3,000 pts a week... But one day last week, I did 2,000 points in a day... Does anyone else ever get a 'big day'? I mean, you do the equivilant of a weeks work in a day. :p

Now if my PIII 650 would finish this MASSIVE Unit, it's been working on it for over a week now. :(

I don't get a weeks worth of work done in a day, but I have had a couple of days where I got close to 3k points. That was mainly from dumping some timeless units that had been piling up on a system that had no internet access plus a couple of big pointers from a couple other machines.

 
I have several boxen (and borgs!) folding away, and nearly all of them folds at a different speed. Coupled with the fact that each downloads a different sized WU every time, I find that sometimes (although not very often) I get a day when all of them submit a WU at the same time, giving me a great day for points. Of course this is usually followed by a few low points days before dropping back in to average territory. :)

 
I have yet to have an entire week's worth of points in one day (though getting about 6,000 points in a day would rock SO hard), but I do get peaks and valleys. Yesterrday I dumped 1,500 points, and today I'm hoping I still crack 1,000...dunno if I will or not, but I snagged like 4 borgs in the past 3 days, all decent speed desktops/servers, and a few smaller ones, so I'm not sure where my PPD will level out just yet. It's times like this that I wish my family actually had computers...I may try to convince my mom to borg on her two machines, both Sempron 3100+'s, but she's pretty uppity about anyone using her PCs. I just wanna do the timeless WU's on her work machine so I can finally set it up and get those "big days". :D

Full Folding Ahead!

 
well the day i throw down the pts i do in a week i'll be dancing for JOY the most ever done in one day was 8000+ pts
 
Usually about once a week I get a big spike just because with multiple slowish machines they can take a day or two to crunch a WU, so once in a while a bunch of machines dump all on the same day.
 
Yeah, my PIII 650 just finished a full week of folding on ONE WU. :( Trying to find that update... It literelly took 19 hours per 10% of the WU. o_O Trying to get into hardfolding to figure out how many WU it was worth. :)
 
Back
Top