Big Bore or not????

Discussion in 'Water Cooling' started by Bio-Hazard, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard 2[H]4U

I just started running some stress test on my latest mod to my water cooling system. I call this my monster rig with dual Weapon heater cores and shrouds. The heater cores have 5/8 barbs so it shouldn't restrict flow a lot (I hope). I'm still planning on adding a second D4 pump in the future if my temps aren't low enough.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MikeyB

MikeyB Limp Gawd

You're a madman! I like it. :D

3. R1ckCa1n

R1ckCa1n [H]ardness Supreme

Nice setup!

Can you give some temps and overclock results based on all that cooling?

4. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard 2[H]4U

It's only been up and running a few hours, but so far with the video card OC'd to 450/550 and the CPU to a mild 250x9 I'm getting a full load temp of 36c on the CPU and 32c on the GPU with all 7 120mm fans running at 7 volts. to get full load I ran prime95 along with ATI Tool's artifact scan at the same time. The system idles around 26-27c CPU and the GPU temp doesn't show.
    I haven't done a max OC with this cooling system yet, but I've had the system up to 310x9 on a single heater core setup.

[​IMG]

5. Bevous

Bevous n00b

Awsum rig Dude, it's totally rad.................. :D

6. plywood99

plywood99 [H]ard|Gawd

Nice rig BioHazard. I love your "cool sleeves" idea. Man, everytime I think I've seen all the uses for quick ties somebody shows me another. :D

7. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard 2[H]4U

I'm just a cheap old fart at heart, and if there's a way I can save some money, I'm going to do it as long as it works well.........;).

8. plywood99

plywood99 [H]ard|Gawd

Dude, that is like my mantra. Anyway to save a buck without losing performance is a good way...

9. MikeyB

MikeyB Limp Gawd

10. Xylo

Xylo Limp Gawd

Good god, how wide is that case? :)
    It took me like a quintuple-take to try to figure out what was going on, and even still, not 100% sure without more pictures...

11. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard 2[H]4U

It's just a Mountain Mods UFO cube case, 18"x18", about twice as wide as a standard tower............ :eek:

[​IMG]

12. Russ

Russ [H]ard|Gawd

haha, yea it took me a while to realize the first few pictures were from the top.

that's too bad. I'm on the lookout for towers that can accomedate a 120.2 rad w/o modding and I was excited for a sec. :) I'm not interested in Mountain Mods though. Too expensive.

Nice wc though. Nice OCs too!

13. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard 2[H]4U

Thanks, I don't know of any towers that a heater core will fit into without any modding of some sort, I was totally surprized when Mountain Mods came out with this latest version of the case with the 2 120mm fan cutouts in the rear of the right side, it used to have 3 80mm cutouts............

14. Erasmus354

Erasmus354 [H]ardForum Junkie

Coolermaster Stacker can accomodate a 120x2 radiator without modding easily, even up to a 120x3 radiator if you want to be limited to a single 5.5" bay.

15. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard 2[H]4U

LOL....you're right, never thought about the Stacker........All those 5.25 open bays just looking for a heater core.......... :eek:

16. plywood99

plywood99 [H]ard|Gawd

Hey Bio-Hazard, how do you like the Polarflow block? Good reviews have not been too forthcoming. Looks like it needs lots of flow, which of course you are giving it.

17. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard 2[H]4U

I've been using PolarFlo blocks for a while, this is my second set now. They work pretty good IMHO, I know that there are better ones depending on what your setup calls for, but I'm happy with them. You're right about the flow requirments, the more flow the better.........;). Back when I had my XP system I tried the Swiftech 6002 block in the same system that I had my first PolarFlo blocks in, and the PolarFlo gave me better temps be a degree or 2. I haven't tried comparing the new TT blocks against any of the new blocks on the market yet, but I plan to one of these days, I'd really like one of Cathers Storm blocks if I ever get the cash together. I think one of them would help bring down my overclock temps a bit. Adding the second heater core to the system only dropped the load temp by 2c at my max OC, I was hopping for better. I think I'm at the limit of the PolarFlo blocks.

18. Russ

Russ [H]ard|Gawd

I know. lol, that's the case I have on my list right now. It's good, but just a little pricey and big. I was hoping I might be able to find one that is a basic mid tower only with 2 120mm holes somewhere. I can hope, right?

You can afford a UFO case and two 120.2 rads but not a $75 waterblock? BTW They are in stock atm I think. Or they were yesterday.

19. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard 2[H]4U

I wasn't really following the Storm blocks for a while and I didn't plan it in my system build budget.........Now I have to come up with the cash somewhere, maybe try and sell some older parts................:eek: