Big Bore or not????

Bio-Hazard

2[H]4U
I just started running some stress test on my latest mod to my water cooling system. I call this my monster rig with dual Weapon heater cores and shrouds. The heater cores have 5/8 barbs so it shouldn't restrict flow a lot (I hope). I'm still planning on adding a second D4 pump in the future if my temps aren't low enough.

dsc020077xi.jpg

dsc020084ya.jpg

dsc020059gf.jpg

dsc020046jk.jpg

Nice setup!

Can you give some temps and overclock results based on all that cooling?

It's only been up and running a few hours, but so far with the video card OC'd to 450/550 and the CPU to a mild 250x9 I'm getting a full load temp of 36c on the CPU and 32c on the GPU with all 7 120mm fans running at 7 volts. to get full load I ran prime95 along with ATI Tool's artifact scan at the same time. The system idles around 26-27c CPU and the GPU temp doesn't show.
I haven't done a max OC with this cooling system yet, but I've had the system up to 310x9 on a single heater core setup.

3105ac.jpg

Nice rig BioHazard. I love your "cool sleeves" idea. Man, everytime I think I've seen all the uses for quick ties somebody shows me another. :D

plywood99 said:
Nice rig BioHazard. I love your "cool sleeves" idea. Man, everytime I think I've seen all the uses for quick ties somebody shows me another. :D
I'm just a cheap old fart at heart, and if there's a way I can save some money, I'm going to do it as long as it works well.........;).

Bio-Hazard said:
I'm just a cheap old fart at heart, and if there's a way I can save some money, I'm going to do it as long as it works well.........;).

Dude, that is like my mantra. Anyway to save a buck without losing performance is a good way...

Good god, how wide is that case? :)
It took me like a quintuple-take to try to figure out what was going on, and even still, not 100% sure without more pictures...

Xylo said:
Good god, how wide is that case? :)
It took me like a quintuple-take to try to figure out what was going on, and even still, not 100% sure without more pictures...
It's just a Mountain Mods UFO cube case, 18"x18", about twice as wide as a standard tower............ :eek:

UFO%20(81).JPG

haha, yea it took me a while to realize the first few pictures were from the top.

that's too bad. I'm on the lookout for towers that can accomedate a 120.2 rad w/o modding and I was excited for a sec. :) I'm not interested in Mountain Mods though. Too expensive.

Nice wc though. Nice OCs too!

Thanks, I don't know of any towers that a heater core will fit into without any modding of some sort, I was totally surprized when Mountain Mods came out with this latest version of the case with the 2 120mm fan cutouts in the rear of the right side, it used to have 3 80mm cutouts............

Coolermaster Stacker can accomodate a 120x2 radiator without modding easily, even up to a 120x3 radiator if you want to be limited to a single 5.5" bay.

LOL....you're right, never thought about the Stacker........All those 5.25 open bays just looking for a heater core.......... :eek:

Hey Bio-Hazard, how do you like the Polarflow block? Good reviews have not been too forthcoming. Looks like it needs lots of flow, which of course you are giving it.

I've been using PolarFlo blocks for a while, this is my second set now. They work pretty good IMHO, I know that there are better ones depending on what your setup calls for, but I'm happy with them. You're right about the flow requirments, the more flow the better.........;). Back when I had my XP system I tried the Swiftech 6002 block in the same system that I had my first PolarFlo blocks in, and the PolarFlo gave me better temps be a degree or 2. I haven't tried comparing the new TT blocks against any of the new blocks on the market yet, but I plan to one of these days, I'd really like one of Cathers Storm blocks if I ever get the cash together. I think one of them would help bring down my overclock temps a bit. Adding the second heater core to the system only dropped the load temp by 2c at my max OC, I was hopping for better. I think I'm at the limit of the PolarFlo blocks.

Erasmus354 said:
Coolermaster Stacker can accomodate a 120x2 radiator without modding easily, even up to a 120x3 radiator if you want to be limited to a single 5.5" bay.

I know. lol, that's the case I have on my list right now. It's good, but just a little pricey and big. I was hoping I might be able to find one that is a basic mid tower only with 2 120mm holes somewhere. I can hope, right?

You can afford a UFO case and two 120.2 rads but not a $75 waterblock? BTW They are in stock atm I think. Or they were yesterday.

I wasn't really following the Storm blocks for a while and I didn't plan it in my system build budget.........Now I have to come up with the cash somewhere, maybe try and sell some older parts................:eek:

Back