Biblical Disaster

Nasty_Savage

Fully [H]
Nothing like waking up on your day off and your trusty Corsair h100 springs a leak....I hope I managed to save it. Any tips for drying shit out?

Nothing like waking up on your day off and your trusty Corsair h100 springs a leak....I hope I managed to save it. Any tips for drying shit out?

Anti static mat, large tub, and enough 99% rubbing alcohol to displace any water/coolant residue on the components. Make sure they're completely dry before reassembly and you should be fine as long as nothing got shorted when the leak happened.

what he said. also, you can probably replace the hoses and refill it like I did with my h60.

If you can't get 99% alcohol, 70% should work just as well, just give it lots of time to dry out. AIOs have ethylene glycol mixed into their coolant, so it is inherently non-conductive but can leave behind a residue.

You mean dunk the whole video card in it? That won't mess up the capacitors or the grease on the fans?

You mean dunk the whole video card in it? That won't mess up the capacitors or the grease on the fans?
If you're worried about the fans you can just submerge the pcb and leave the shroud out, move it around for a few seconds before taking it out and letting it dry.

Don't know about the caps, would think they'd be sealed (at least on the bottom) so they should be alright, but I'm not an expert on such things.

This is why I never watercool. Sorry this happens. Hope everything works out. Contact Corsair to get a new one.

Avoid submerging the fans, but when I got a water damaged macbook pro I literally filled a 9X13 pan with everclear and cleaned the motherboard in it (I used an extra-soft toothbrush to help). Let it dry (I put the mobo on a furnace air filter on top of a box fan) completely before giving it power and you should be fine. Industrial flux remover is pretty harsh crap, I'm willing to bet your mobo's seen worse than everclear.

Not generally, I don't think (although it doesn't hurt to ask). That's more in the realm of accidental damage insurance. They will replace a faulty product under warranty, or refund if you bring it to the place of purchase (though there may be a restocking fee in that case, depending on where you got it).

Last edited:
I guess I can't complain it's been running for 4 years. Well, I got the h115i to replace the h100. I didn't realize the radiator was so big, I had to put it inside by the hard drive cages instead of the roof. No mount points but it's not rattling. Just need to hold out until sky lake-e. i also picked up an Asus strix 1080, which is also big compared to the 780's. One has replaced the three and so I'm ok for now. At least one 780 had to be put back in as I was getting an error on boot. Once I got in and removed the old drivers, put the 1080 in and all is well. Thanks for the info, there's some residue in the motherboard, but I'll try the clean trick on the 780's when I have a bit more time and pass those down to one of my other rigs

Back