Bgears BG01176 b-Envi Cube $39.99 FS

Anyone have any experience with this case?

I'm looking for a mATX case, motherboard and psu to make use of my e8400 and 4gb of ddr2 I have laying around.

Its a Apevia Microfly Ultra XPack Clone.

Its serviceable. A little limited in what type of CPU cooler you use but I can handle a decent sized PSU, a couple HDDs.

I had never even heard of this case but for $40 shipped it seemed hard to beat.

I was planning on using the stock Q9550 cooler on my E8400. It looks like it should fit with no issues.

that is so tempting. I've been wanting to convert to an Matx setup. I had a case very similar to this before and loved it.

i got one a couple weeks ago for $50

the motherboard tray is very flimsy but it works. case can fit an 8800GT or similar length cards in it without issue

it looks like you can only go roughly 1/2" higher than the stock AMD cooler until you hit part of the case

Last edited:
This really is a good case for an individual who is not afraid of slight modification.

I have used two of these cases for the past two projects. Case temperatures were no higher than a good tower after some alterations. Remove both side windows by gently pushing out the plastic rivets, place mesh (e.g.) on inside and hold in place with previously removed plastic rivets with some 4mm washers. The inside rail above the CPU can be partially removed without significant structural weakness. Modify the HD tray (cut grooves, flip over and slid forward; place a small fan in area to move air if run warm) if needed to accommodate CPU cooler. The case will easily accept a GTX285 or 5870 by cutting a small notch in the lower 5.25" bay to permit PCIe cables to leave video card.

I used this case for inspiration; Massive is a great innovator.
Thank you for the post tmaxxking1.

so its setup with ide enclosure ...how do i get the sata enclosure thats extra? through zzf or bgears?

@setscrew: thanks for posting the link to Massive's microATX case mod. I was wondering if there was a way I'd be able to fit my XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 in that case, and you've almost confirmed my suspicions. Dremel Time!

OT: I bit.

Good find. Tempting. One of these would be cool for lan parties. I would probably bite on this if I thought we would ever do a lan party anytime soon, but it seems like all my geekiest friends are now married, like me, and we just don't LAN anymore. Sad.

in for one...Thanks OP Ill build a little something special in this.

Will go over well at my Lan, I feel for those "Married" guys who cant Throw/Go to a LAN
I'm married and have a gamer girl wifey so the Lan part isn't the issue.
Its that while she shares my love for games she dosent love my obsession with hardware.

I just gotta beat her home the day it delivers:D

DevilDoc, I used the HDT-S1283 in my last build. The motherboard/cpu location plays a factor in heatsink to be used.

Let your imagination run free.

DevilDoc, I used the HDT-S1283 in my last build. The motherboard/cpu location plays a factor in heatsink to be used.

Let your imagination run free.

What motherboard do you use in your last build? Do you mean your last build in the Bgears b-Envi?

wish i had a use for this case right now. i dont plan on switching to matx 1366 for a year or so. my atx 775 rig is doing too well for me right now. def cant fit this mobo or this video card in a matx case, so itll have to be my next build. hope i can find something nice like this to mod when the time comes!

The nice thing in this case I didn't notice until I got it was the removable 2.5" HD enclosure that can be powered via USB once you take it out of the bay so you can just pull it out and take it with you just like any 2.5" stand alone enclosure. Very nice for Lans if you wanna stick a HD in it for tranferring large files without it taking an hour over ethernet when a dozen people all wanna grab that 8 gig file.

Mine just arrived today..rushed home to beat the wife and Hid..er..put it away:D

nice little case. Correct in saying its a Apevia Microfly clone.

Room for a full size power supply
2x 3.5 hd's
2x 5 1/4's
Unique is a removable drive. Its for a 2.5 IDE hard drive. I think I have a 60 floating around somewhere

Indecisive about what I am going to do with it,but i wanna keep it cool and low power draw.
I'm thinking of dropping a 240e and a 4650/5670 in it.

I bit as well. Already had a few bits laying around for a build. Grabbed a used mobo from another member here on the forums. It's up and running. Decent little box - especially for the price on this deal. I'll probably post in the show your SFF thread once I'm done.

Bumping this thread - case is down to $29.99 after MIR, free shipping.

Nice case. I wish I had some extra cash to get one right now. I've been wanting to convert back to SFF, but I may just save for a lan-box.

To anyone who has this. You think it would work with a corsair H50 alright?

wish i had a use for this case right now. i dont plan on switching to matx 1366 for a year or so. my atx 775 rig is doing too well for me right now. def cant fit this mobo or this video card in a matx case, so itll have to be my next build. hope i can find something nice like this to mod when the time comes!

well now that its down another $10, and as you can see in my sig i already made the jump i said would take a year, i guess i might as well buy this. gonna have to mod for my V8, or else figure out how to use my WC loop in it. gonna be a fun project! thanks OP, and also JaYp. :D

also, like someone asked before, is it possible to switch the 2.5" hotswap IDE to a SATA plug? id like to put my ssd there if possible.

I think the manuf is supposed to sell it for $10. Good luck finding them though.

Back