Bgears B-Envi SFF

msdmoney

n00b
Does anyone have any experience with the Bgears B-Envi case? I've read a lot of reviews, they all seem pretty positive about the case. I did a search, but it doesn't seem like it has been talked about much here. Here it is at newegg.

With Window
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811295001
Without Window
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811295002

List of Reviews
http://www.bgears.com/b-envi.html

I'm starting to plan out a new SFF to replace my old shuttle SN25P which has been at the last of its upgrade path for a while with a 4800 X2 (S939), and 8800gts (apparently the SN25P has problems with anything 8800gt and beyond). I still really like the look of the shuttle, and overall I have been pretty happy with it. I would definitely get another, but I don't want to be limited with proprietary parts with my next system. The b-envi reminds me a lot of the shuttle cases (in appearance) in a slightly larger matx form factor. The SG01/02 cases are nice too, I just wish they had stealthed drive bays for a cleaner look (I know it's a small thing). The lanbox seems like it might be too big.

My one main concern is that it looks like the height of the video card is really limited by the power supply in the back. Anyone have any experience with this?

I saw this the other day at NCIX and the construction looked rather cheap. And at $80 before $20 shipping you're much better off getting a TT lanbox lite (fanboism!!) or SUGO.

Reminds me of the MicroFly case. Which is a pretty decent case from what I have read of it.

B-Envi = MicroFly = X-QPack = X-QPack2

They're all identical cases except with different plastic (or metal) faceplates.

The X-QPack and X-QPack2 at least include the PSU for the same price.

i agree with sarver, get the microfly with a PSU, IIRC it comes with an ultra 600watt modular psu which is good enough for most SFF systems.

also you should look at the silverstone sg02-F, i managed to stick a gtx280, two harddrives, and a mushkin 580watt modular PSU into that shoebox.

Yea nothing great. Ultra MX6 is a better value as it includes a 600 watt Modular PSU thats haftway decent.

the heat sink fins on my 8800GT extended above the top edge of the video card and did not fit under the power supply in my qPack. I resorted to keeping the psu laying on a ledge behind the case so that I could continue to use my computer until I finished researching a case where the psu doesn t sit above the video card (rather than physically clip the fins which extruded into the area where the power supply sat).

clearance_issues.jpg

lian li v350, sugo, and lanbox lite are much better cases, and they re not that much more expensive. If I remember, the b-gears case had a removable card reader which is kind of a nifty gimmick over the other qPack clones. I don t miss my qPack at all, if you do wind up going with the b-gears case then just keep video card height in mind for future upgrades... not every video card is going to be taller than the expansion slot.

B-Envi = MicroFly = X-QPack = X-QPack2

They're all identical cases except with different plastic (or metal) faceplates.

The X-QPack and X-QPack2 at least include the PSU for the same price.
X-Qpack is shorter, but ya.

The extra length is in the plastic faceplate, not in the chassis itself. Hence, my statement is still correct. :p

But I like the case windows. I wonder if you could DIY a window for the 351b.

Back