BFGDs BTFO?

sharknice

2[H]4U
About a month or so ago a "hack" was discovered that allows you to use freesync connected to an AMD card but rendering through an Nvidia card by setting one card as the renderer for power saving mode in windows.

It was posted on reddit and Linus Tech Tips did a video on it.

So if 2019 LG OLEDs end up supporting 4k120hz input with VRR....

You can typically get 65" OLED for under $3k, or a 55" for under $2k, or even get a 77" for potentially cheaper than a BFGD. You can use your 2080ti in conjunction with an amd freesync card so you still get the best performance possible while having the best possible picture. If it happens we can have our cake and eat it too.

BFGDs are rumored to be extremely expensive, probably $3-5k. A hard price to swallow even for the extremely hard core. The're only available in 65". They're just LCDs. They don't come close to OLED picture quality. They were supposed to come out this year but no release dates have been set yet.

Even if 2019 OLEDs end up not supporting vrr, Samsung's LCDs already are. And other LCD TVs will be soon. BFGDs are going to have to be a lot better than them to warrant the price.

I'm not sure I'll buy a BFGD anymore.

Why would you buy a BFGD anyway?

Samsung has FreeSync compatible decent TVs out right now. Hell, at this rate, the 2019 OLEDs will be out BEFORE the BFGDs...

Yeah, but are there any freesync compatible GPUs that can drive 4k120 within the refresh range?

NOBODY is recommending this hack. its cumbersome and unstable and doesn't always work.

Why?

it sounds amazing.. and i tinker with the machine at a daily basis anyways. i have a vega 56 and a freesync screen and a 4k oled.. and if this really works.. i am gonna buy the biggest nVidia card i card afford 2080 or 2080ti.

and then a freesync OLED TV from the next batch with 4k120.

FUCK BFGD and their stupid prices and prolonged waiting and dragging..

Last edited:
Back