BFG warranty question

cjm18

Gawd
If I buy a used BFG video card on Ebay, will I still have the warranty. How well do they hold up to the warranty. Thanks!

I doubt it... read another thread on either this or another board a person bought a ebay card, didnt work.. no warrantee...

just think of the chances of abuse.. you/or some one does something to card.. contact them say you bought it from ebay and theyre suppose to fix it? Dont think so...

contact BFG and see what they say.. Theyre there 7/24

no, it's a 7800gt oc that I want for sli. I figure those can be picked up cheap now since 7900gs is under 200 new.

I asked the seller and he said "... the warranty is fully transferable. BFG only requires the physical card to process the warranty and RMAs, no documents or receipts are needed"

From what I heard and from my own experience, most companies require at least the serial number of the hardware since they usually have a database of S/N with the warranty expiration dates. If you can provide this and send the physical card, it should work.

some may require a invoice so just show the payment proof of purchase you did from eBay (PayPal slip or CC payment). Also, about proof of ownership, if the ebay seller didn't register the card, you are technically the first owner when you register the card with BFG.

With the increase of online orders, it would be foolish to ask if the owner is the first owner or not then deny any warranty service.

I asked the seller and he said "... the warranty is fully transferable. BFG only requires the physical card to process the warranty and RMAs, no documents or receipts are needed"
100% true

I've dealt with BFG support before, and they do not seem to care who owns the card (I was the 3rd owner of the card). Registration is not required to get the warranty. Just give em a call, see what they say about it.

Bryan

The quote below is from the BFG website. The warranty is for original purchaser only. My personal experience with BFG is that they will use any fine print they can find against you.
Fluke

BFG Technologies is proud to warrant the original purchaser of the graphics card included in this package ("Product") that the Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product, when given normal wear and proper usage. Purchaser must retain the original sales receipt as proof of purchase for any and all warranty claims! This warranty is valid if the product:

>> Was not damaged while being installed.

>> Was not damaged by software or hardware from a company or individual other than BFG Technologies or by motherboard incompatibility.

>> Was operated in accordance with BFG Technologies specifications, instructions and any technical support directions.

>> Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.

>> Third party products, such as motherboards and other system components using this Product are not be covered by this warranty.

BFG Technologies' liability under this warranty, or in connection with any other claim relating to the Product, is limited to the repair or at BFG Technologies option, the replacement of the portion of the Product which was defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to any software component.

You assume the risk of loss in transit and the returned Products shall be the sole property of BFG Technologies. BFG Technologies warrants the repaired or replaced Products will be free from defects in material or workmanship.

EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED ABOVE, BFG Technologies MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, OR OTHERWISE ON THE PRODUCTS, OR ANY PARTS OR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR OTHER LABOR FURNISHED.

BFG Technologies reserves the right to inspect and verify the defectiveness of any product returned. Please allow 48 hrs processing time once item has been received by BFG, and 3-5 days for shipping of the replacement product (shipped ground).

I think you would be fine. I have RMA'd 2 BFG card and not once have they asked for proof of purchase. Just gave them the serial number and shipped them the card.

Yep. I told them I bought it from Circuit City and lost the receipt. They don't care I guess.

Back