BFG Tech

Nomad said:
Scott Herkelman -

Will Fry's / Outpost.com carry the 6800Ultra OC? If so, what are the dates for them?

My local Best Buy told me that they are not "high volume" enough to get any of the high end 6800 BFG cards.

Thanks

Hi Nomad,

Best Buy's website will carry the BFG 6800 Ultra OC, you can order it directly from there and have it delivered!

As well, you will find the regular BFG 6800 Ultra OC and the water-cooled BFG 6800 Ultra OC at Fry's / Outpost.com very soon.

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

sherkelman said:
Hi Nomad,

Best Buy's website will carry the BFG 6800 Ultra OC, you can order it directly from there and have it delivered!

As well, you will find the regular BFG 6800 Ultra OC and the water-cooled BFG 6800 Ultra OC at Fry's / Outpost.com very soon.

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

By this do you imply there are 2 different Ultra OC cards?

Or in your listing for fry's did you intend to say regular BFG 6800 Ultra, and water-cooled BFG 6800 Ultra?

I was under the impression that the BFG 6800 ULTRA OC would be sold through BBOnline Exclusively.

LazerWire said:
By this do you imply there are 2 different Ultra OC cards?

Or in your listing for fry's did you intend to say regular BFG 6800 Ultra, and water-cooled BFG 6800 Ultra?

I was under the impression that the BFG 6800 ULTRA OC would be sold through BBOnline Exclusively.

There are two different BFG 6800 Ultra OC cards.

1) BFG 6800 Ultra OC with Aircooled fan - overclocked to 425MHz (vs. standard 400MHz from NVIDIA)
2) BFG 6800 Ultra OC with water-cooled block - overclocked to 470MHz (vs. standard 400MHz from NVIDIA)

You will find #1 at Best Buy and Fry's and #2 at Fry's on-line and retail stores in the near future.

I hope this clears up any confusion!

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Thanks Scott!

BB.com is sold out at present - anyway I can just send you a MO and have you send me one? ;)

now the water cooled version does it only come with the block or is it the whoel sche-bang like gainwards setup?
also will there be an option for the fitting size on the water blocks?
Im running 1/2in ID hose and trying to go to 3/8in would kill me :(
And i know this is a long shot but is it possible to change the block to something that would fit each persons cooling loop better and still retain the warranty? or like everything once the stock block is taken off your warranty goes by by?

Visable-assassin said:
now the water cooled version does it only come with the block or is it the whoel sche-bang like gainwards setup?
also will there be an option for the fitting size on the water blocks?
Im running 1/2in ID hose and trying to go to 3/8in would kill me :(
And i know this is a long shot but is it possible to change the block to something that would fit each persons cooling loop better and still retain the warranty? or like everything once the stock block is taken off your warranty goes by by?

Hi Visable-assassin,

The BFG 6800 Ultra OC water-cooled product comes with a block with 1/4" connectors. We are also including a pair of adapters that go from 1/4" to 3/8" connectors. Koolance sells a 1/4" to 1/2" adapter on their website that would fit this block.

Unfortunately we are not able to change the water-block option at this time due to rigorous testing and assembly processes that we have created for this solution to retain its BFG Lifetime Warranty value.

Hope that helps,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

I don't suppose there's any chance BFG will come out with a water-cooled version that fits in a single slot is there? I've got 6 boards in my machine (SCSI, FC-AL, audio, TV capture, and 2 vid cards). Lately it's been a hassle buying vid cards since I prefer NV based cards for the Linux drivers & many of the high-end ones need 2 slots.

The aircooled one is single slot I think. If not, you could always find a slimmer waterblock.

I think changing the block will void the warrenty...but as for BFG as a company, this thread
should be proof enough.

I still run (very satisfyingly so) a Visiontek (pre BFG) Ti 4600 as sceen here:
bfgvisiontek1.jpg

bfgvisiontek2.jpg

Should this thing go south, i doubt I'll want to deal with the current Visiontek.
Plus there was a strong BFG presence at the Nvidia GeForce Launch Lan, that I attended,
and all the company reps there were cool with us "lan attendies" mingling with company
big wigs.
:cool:

I just ordered the PC2-650 Koolance water cooling case (I have done some water cooling stuff before with their older model).

I also preordered the BFG GeForce™ 6800 Ultra OC™ GPU with Water Block

Now I everything points to the fact that these two are compatable with each other but I want to make sure that is the case. It seems the hose sizes/etc all match.

I am currently running an Athlon FX53 with 2gigs of ram, audigy 2, 2 WD Raptors 74gb in a raid array, and a viewsonic 22" monitor. I figure the machine should keep up with the 6800 Ultra OC at 470mhz just fine :)

Back