BFG Support Contradiction

J-Mag

2[H]4U
Ok, I have heard all over the place that people dsay BFG's support is good...

I am REALLY starting to get pissed off here. I have had an insane experiences trying to get my two 6800GT's up. I mean how many bad things can go wrong? The first few experiences were because of Chumbo jacking up my order and only sending me one card when I ordred two (and the one they did send me was broken). I really don't want to get into that too much cause thats over and done with...

So I sent the broken wone back to BFG.

They told me that it takes two days to replace the card, then they ship it ground. So after about 13 days have gone by since they RECEIVED my card, I emailed them.

Initially they sent me an email saying "your shipment has been delivered" and the tracking. I pull the tracking info and it was delivered to OH. (I live in CA btw). As you can guess I am pissed now.
Turns out the moron who replied to my email gave me the wrong tracking number. I ended up on the phone and got the correct number. Guess what... It has been held at the UPS station for 4 days due to a nonexistant address.
I had to call UPS and have them change the address to the proper one.

Here's the Kicker: I opened it up today and it is a 6600GT! WTF! :mad:
Not only that but the misspelled my name two different ways on seperate labels.

OK, well I called them as I was writing this, and they at least answer the phone. I felt the need to apologize to the rep a few times, cause I was going on a rant.

Now he said they will send me out a new 6800GT PCI-E, TM...

If I end up with an AGP unit, I would recommend for all of you in the bay area to stay indoors, because I will be murdering people on the street.

:mad:

Good Luck! I was gonna go with BFG but cuz of unavailability of the PCIe ultras. I went with a eVGA Retail PCIe the kicker is its stock clock is 425 core too they just dont advertise it ! :p Hopefully I wont be needing there Customer Care. ;)

PhoS said:
Do you get to keep the 6600 ? :D

If "we are sending you a prepaid postage box to return the 6600GT" means I get to keep it, then yes...

I would recommend for all of you in the bay area to stay indoors, because I will be murdering people on the street.
I don't think you can say that...:D

Jasonx82 said:
good luck! I was gonna go with BFG but cuz of unavailabity of the PCIe ultras. I went with a eVGA Retail PCIe the kicker is its stock clock is 425 core too they just dont advertise it ! :p

Luck is obviously something I don't have...

Your taking this quite calm if i was in your shoes BFG would be non existent at the moment.. ANd I would be on TV on every channel Fame!! wooo :p

J-Mag said:
If you really believe that statement... then uhh... whatever...

Jasonx82 said:
Your taking this quite calm if i was in your shoes BFG would be non existent at the moment.. ANd I would be on TV on every channel Fame!! wooo :p

I had to Hyperventilate before I got on the phone with BFG, so I wouldn't scream at the poor guy. It probably wasn't his fault (but if it was the same guy who I talked to to originally set up the RMA, it would be hella funny b/c I totally chewed out the moron who set up my initial RMA)

If it was me I would Demand them to ship it overnight.. I took the time to buy your product then go through all this least you guys could do on your end is overnight it to compensate. ;)

J-Mag said:
I had to Hyperventilate before I got on the phone with BFG, so I wouldn't scream at the poor guy. It probably wasn't his fault (but if it was the same guy who I talked to to originally set up the RMA, it would be hella funny b/c I totally chewed out the moron who set up my initial RMA)

Your first mistake was ordering from Chumbo. Sounds like simple errors but I'd certainly be annoyed as I haven't had a single problem with shipping, inclduing an RMA to Plextor and Linksys (both in California within hours of me though).

Good luck getting what you paid for.

Jasonx82 said:
If it was me I would Demand them to ship it overnight.. I took the time to buy your product then go through all this least you guys could do on your end is overnight it to compensate. ;)

Actually the did tell me that they would ship it overnight on thursday, so if all goes well I will have my 2nd BFG 6800GT PCI-E on Friday...

However the key word one must pay attention to in that circumstance is: "IF"

CRXican said:
Your first mistake was ordering from Chumbo. Sounds like simple errors but I'd certainly be annoyed as I haven't had a single problem with shipping, inclduing an RMA to Plextor and Linksys (both in California within hours of me though).

Good luck getting what you paid for.

Yeah seriously... I saw an opportunity to acquire 6800GT PCI-E's at MSRP... I HAD to take it... (it is a sad day when you know that a good deal is MSRP, no?)
I mean I had my a8n-sli already, which I paid a $50 premium over MSRP to get a couple weeks before they would really start selling at MSRP... I was fine with that, you know?
I feel like $50 is really nothing... But when I looked at acquiring 6800GT's from other companies I would be spending a total of $200 over MSRP (not to mention that most of the other companies that had the 6800GT PCI-E's listed at the time were in Cali so I would end up paying tax too...)
Funny thing was because my little bro's were coming to visit, I ended up buying my third 6800GT from Gameve for $475+tax+overnight shipping
I ended up returning it for a refund after Chumbo magically sent me the missing BFG 6800GT form my original order around the 5th of January...
Although I did take a restock Hit, at least they took it back...

It is amazing what I am willing to go through to get this technology ( I don't think I am the only mildly psychotic one out their either...) Well, I guess it is good news for Nvidia that there are people like me :)

J-Mag said:
Actually the did tell me that they would ship it overnight on thursday, so if all goes well I will have my 2nd BFG 6800GT PCI-E on Friday...

However the key word one must pay attention to in that circumstance is: "IF"

J-Mag,
On behalf of BFG I apologize for the inconvenience you've been put through, we pride ourselves on top-notch products and service.

Please PM me with your contact information so that way I know you are personally taken care of with the above situation.

Thanks,
Scott

J-Mag said:
If I end up with an AGP unit, I would recommend for all of you in the bay area to stay indoors, because I will be murdering people on the street.

:D

I remember last year someone else was complaining about a bad BFG RMA. Took forever, had to call multiple times, etc. But most of the RMA experiences posted here have been good.

sherkelman said:
J-Mag,
On behalf of BFG I apologize for the inconvenience you've been put through, we pride ourselves on top-notch products and service.

Please PM me with your contact information so that way I know you are personally taken care of with the above situation.

Thanks,
Scott

I will PM you in a sec... Thanks for keeping tabs on whats happenin

sherkelman said:
J-Mag,

Thanks,
Scott

its so nice that BFG is willing to get into the community and help them out, just shows how much they care about the newbs like me and the enthusiasts out there

pxc said:
:D

I remember last year someone else was complaining about a bad BFG RMA. Took forever, had to call multiple times, etc. But most of the RMA experiences posted here have been good.

Normally I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch, but I have never had a set of cascade failures like this before EVER with ANYTHING.

Honestly, I like BFG's RMA support for the fact that you can actually get to talk with someone... However, I can't believe that FOUR errors were made in the RMA process..

1. wrong card
2. wrong address
3. wrong name spelling on packing slip (trivial I guess, but still)
4. completely different way of incorrectly spelling my name on the package label.

I had a few PM's from davidtos here on this forum who also ordered a BFG 6800GT PCI-E from Chumbo... HE too had a broken capacitor, when he got the RMA'd card back it ALSO had a broken capacitor...

I am pretty confident things will be resolved and I will get my SLI completed... Either that or I will be in Jail... :eek:

Chumbo was a different story... I had to leave multiple messages, finally I just called and talked to Sales ( you can ALWAYS get a salesperson on the phone)...

Anyway, I feel as if my systolic pressure has gone up a few thousand points every time I have to deal with a new issue... It would be funny if I died from a heart attack...

HEADLINE:
"Man killed by video cards"

sherkelman said:
J-Mag,

Thanks,
Scott

Actually, even tho the situation sucked, you have to credit a company that has someone on the hard forums write something like that to you.

iNViSiGOD said:
Actually, even tho the situation sucked, you have to credit a company that has someone on the hard forums write something like that to you.

I totally agree. And actually that doesn't sound like a bad job to me, to be paid to post, eh?

Hey, BFG dude, explain to me why are the BFG 6800 ultra arrive in anti-static bags which were re-sealed twice? Who opens them and why? :confused:

TehQuick said:
Hey, BFG dude, explain to me why are the BFG 6800 ultra arrive in anti-static bags which were re-sealed twice? Who opens them and why? :confused:

The product arrives to us from our manufacturing partner in a sealed static bag, we overclock it, test it and replace it back in the bag for packaging. That's why there are two stickers.

Hope that helps,
SH

Lol it's funny, but when I called BFG, the dude over there (not u I guess :D) didn't know about that and was equally puzzled about it :rolleyes: :)

One more thing: does BFG replace stock thermal compound with AS5 on the core or not?

LOL Moral of story. Buy a card where the manufacturer or Headquarters is local, Good Thing eVGA is 10 mins from me. I will protest outside there building with my videocard if anything goes wrong. :D :D

TehQuick said:
Lol it's funny, but when I called BFG, the dude over there (not u I guess :D) didn't know about that and was equally puzzled about it :rolleyes: :)

I called BFG tech support yesterday because I had concerns about the fact that my 6800NU SAGS in the agp slot on my motherboard. So I asked the tech support girl if the weight of the card would damage the card itself or the agp slot. She had to talk to like two or three people before she gave me an answer. She wasn't very friendly either.

Okay, I'm down hijacking this thread.

Sorry.

Jasonx82 said:
LOL Moral of story. Buy a card where the manufacturer or Headquarters is local, Good Thing eVGA is 10 mins from me. I will protest outside there building with my videocard if anything goes wrong. :D :D

As long as you aren't bringing saw'd offs or a truck full of ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel. ;)

INeedAName said:
I called BFG tech support yesterday because I had concerns about the fact that my 6800NU SAGS in the agp slot on my motherboard. So I asked the tech support girl if the weight of the card would damage the card itself or the agp slot. She had to talk to like two or three people before she gave me an answer. She wasn't very friendly either.

Okay, I'm down hijacking this thread.

Sorry.
I can't believe I am actually replying to a threadjack...

Anyway, I would think that your problem is more associated with the mounting of the card to the side of the case or maybe your MB AGP slot has issues...

BFG 24 Hour support is good and true to its name, but its slooooowww, it takes 2 hours to get someone on the phone anytime after 12:00 at night (me and my friend were modding his comp after some late night partying :D). And the shipping is slooowww UPS ground is the worst ever! its like 5-7 days, yick. I guess ive ordered from newegg so much im used to 3 day express saver :)

But I once got really pissed off at a BFG phone rep, i had a 5800NU fan break, sent it for replacement, and guess what the new one had TWO broken fans. I called them back and said (maybe yelled) "I'm tired of this shit!" lol so the BFG rep started yelling at me all like "SIR I WILL NOT TALK YOUR VERBAL ABUSE" haha i started laughing and i eventually got a replacement, a 5900 ultra :eek: :D

hmmmm BFG has been great to me.... I called them to ask them about the pure video thing and I waited less than 10min a d00d that KNOWS WNGLISH!!!! answered my question real easy and told me nvidia was coming up with drivers and software to fix the video proccesoor problem.

Sorry to hear your troubles man. I had problems with my FX 5900 XTOC called tech support, got RMA # and what they needed. Sent them info and they cross shipped me a new card same day, got it the day after. I was very pleased. :)

J-Mag said:

Well if you start using any WOMD (weapons of mass destruction) let me know. Otherwise I feel pretty safe here in FL.

And yeah, I would be murderring people too.

And it is very cool that there is a BFG rep actually responding to this here. Impressive.

But please ignore what I have stated in my sig about modifying the video card. It has not been modified and is still 100% factory warrantied! :D j/k

The first mistake was to send a brand-new card to the manufacturer- generally it's better to return DOA hardware to the place you purchased it from. Going through warranty service is almost always going to be slower than just getting a product replacement.

ameoba said:
The first mistake was to send a brand-new card to the manufacturer- generally it's better to return DOA hardware to the place you purchased it from. Going through warranty service is almost always going to be slower than just getting a product replacement.
FYI, bfg cards(atleast my 6600GT) come with a little note on the box that tells you send directly to BFG, not to the store- specifically not the store.
My 6600GT agp is currently on route to them, card had small black lines in DX8+ games
Here's a pic http://members.cox.net/mwithem/FarCry0000moloch.jpg
Hopefully they screw up and send me a 6800GT agp, so i can use 8X fsaa- kinda addicting in games that can use it at 1024~.
But 4X aa at 1024 does an amazing job as well.

twer it me with that problem, i would report them to the better business bureau.

i would then find every geek forum site that i could and tell my story there.

lastly i would tell them what they did.

if they tried to sue me for slander... well... could a lawyer here explain what rule 12(b)(6) does :D

starhawk said:
twer it me with that problem, i would report them to the better business bureau.

i would then find every geek forum site that i could and tell my story there.

lastly i would tell them what they did.

if they tried to sue me for slander... well... could a lawyer here explain what rule 12(b)(6) does :D

It's not like they did it on purpose. At least there were mistakes to be made. I would much rather have BFG mess up a million times than have them do absolutey NOTHING.

J-Mag said:
I can't believe I am actually replying to a threadjack...

Anyway, I would think that your problem is more associated with the mounting of the card to the side of the case or maybe your MB AGP slot has issues...

Oops, I forgot the mention that it's the unsupported end of the card that sags/droops/looks like it's about to fall to its doom. The BFG techs said there shouldn't be any damage done with the hanging, but we'll see.

Actually to have a company rep on these boards and properly representing said company speaks volumes...loudly. I have seen them before and it usually doesnt last long because of all the trash talk they have to put up with.

J-Mag, sorry to hear of your troubles and hope they get resolved soon enough.

Dillusion said:
BFG 24 Hour support is good and true to its name, but its slooooowww, it takes 2 hours to get someone on the phone anytime after 12:00 at night (me and my friend were modding his comp after some late night partying :D). And the shipping is slooowww UPS ground is the worst ever! its like 5-7 days, yick. I guess ive ordered from newegg so much im used to 3 day express saver :)

But I once got really pissed off at a BFG phone rep, i had a 5800NU fan break, sent it for replacement, and guess what the new one had TWO broken fans. I called them back and said (maybe yelled) "I'm tired of this shit!" lol so the BFG rep started yelling at me all like "SIR I WILL NOT TALK YOUR VERBAL ABUSE" haha i started laughing and i eventually got a replacement, a 5900 ultra :D

Thanks 4 your exp... I had a good laugh

I really can't hadnle talking to other people's verbal abuse either

Seriously though, I would be pissed if I got a 6800Ultra instead of my GT... (weird huh?)

All I have wanted was my working SLI setup... and w/out a GT thats not possible (unless I decided to flash the BIOS... hrm... maybe I wouldn't be pissed if I got an Ultra)

edit: nor can I spell...

Back