BFG Question

rcat1

Limp Gawd
I am RMA'ing my 8800 GTX OC2 768 today. Will I receive the same card back? The issue is when the graphics drivers are present the system gives a black screen on boot. When they are removed system boots normally. Also is there a step up program where I could pay the difference and get a newer card? Thanks in advance.

You should get the same card or "equivalent", which usually means a better card. BFG has a trade-up program that goes for 100 days from date of purchase.

Yeah, as stated above, you'll get the same card or better. However, it's most likely some re-furbed card. Hopefully they have tightened their quality control. I rma'd a 6800GT 2 years ago and received 2 bunk cards before receiving one that worked. No word of a lie. Cards were tested on two separate systems. Not trying to plant a negative seed here. Just warning you to be vigilant with them.:D

Is this the part where we play the guessing game?
My vote goes to the 9800GTX. Since your card was an OC version they might hook you up with the 9800GTX+.

If they send you a 512 MB card you might be able to complain and get it replaced with a GTX 260.

Back