BFG GTX 295 in Stores

Must be nice to have a fryes. I am stuck with crappy bestbuy and their low end stock. About the highest end card you can find there is a 4850 if you're lucky. I would kill for a fryes.

that sucks - why mis-market it so blatantly then? right on the front package

Marketing. Technically it's not a lie, because there *is* that much memory built into the product, but you only effectively get to use half of it.

ATI and NVIDIA both do this for marketing purposes.

Since Fry's has it going for $529.99, I'd like to think some etailers will have it for $499.99. I wonder if ATi will counter with small price drop, or stand pat.

WTF do you need 1700MB of ram for on a gpu?????????????????????????????? Honestly man

Really though, this card is going to completely kick ass. It's not receiving any of the negativity that the 9800GX2 received, which is great for Nvidia. I'm just glad Nvidia has it's single card solution to finally beat the 4870x2. I got really sick of hearing about that card.

it's two GTX260s sandwiched together into a single card SLI type deal.. just like the other X2 cards.. so each card has 896mb of mem to play with... just like anyone who runs GTX260s in SLI.. so it's not like 1700 total.. each pcb has 896 and uses that to render one frame..

Back