Bfg fan upgrade

DR_K13

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
3,491
how do these fans work>? I have a rig with this
card in it. The fan looks the same, only the new one is metal insted of plastic. Do you think it will move more air, or is it a big happy joke?
 
They look the same to me from those pictures.

BTW, that is the same heatsink that came on my Albatron ti4200...
 
i don't think it would make a difference...if you want to upgrade cooling, go with something like the Iceberq.
 
I don't think upgrading the cooling on a FX 5200 is worth it, you are better off putting the money towards saving up for a 6600 card.
 
tranCendenZ said:
I don't think upgrading the cooling on a FX 5200 is worth it, you are better off putting the money towards saving up for a 6600 card.

Yeah, I definetly agree here. The 5200 is (no offense) pretty weak. Save up and get a 6600 and your set for a couple years :)
 
I know its weak, but its OCed and running hot ( 60 c ) . so I gotta keep it because I am saving my duckets for a 6800 or 6600
 
That's a good fan to cool that card down until you can get something better. It may also let you OC the 5200 more. That BFG fan is pretty easy to install and isn't very expensive.
 
Heh. You can get a pci slot solution that will provide 6x the airflow.. (5.something cfm..? lol). Hell, you could make your own solution, that would provide quieter, better cooling.

Panaflo L1A's run at 24 db with like 21 cfm I think
 
Back
Top