• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

BFG 8800GT

brownbomber

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
97
My 8800gt run every game perfect except for madden 2008. The uniforms come out a slick shinny color and is washed out. I have change drivers but it result in the same thing.:mad:
 
try patching the game... n before u change ur drivers be sure to run Driver Cleaner in safe mode before installing the new 1...
 
What drivers do you have? You said you changed them, but to what?
 
try patching the game... n before u change ur drivers be sure to run Driver Cleaner in safe mode before installing the new 1...

yes I sure did, I am running the new 169.38 drivers I have change drivers about 5 times all the new drives that nvidia put out. It might be a heat problem I am going to install a new artic cooling vga cooler this wekend I hope that take care of it.
 
"It might be a heat problem"...What makes you say that? IOW the temps you're seeing? And have you:

a) tried manually setting the fan speed higher? It would help to see if it really is a heat issue w/ no expense

b) if you've had the card a while, have you tried blowing out the dust bunnies recently?

With that said, the single slot stock cooling of the GT's suck. It may be adequate, but to cool effectively in most situations you need to bump the fan speed up. The AC S1 is a killer alternative, even passively cooled - assuming you have decent -> good airflow in your case. I saw 20-25c+ drops on my 7900GT, and by all accounts, people doing the swap on 8800GTs have been seeing similar drops (or better). It's probably the best cooler for ~$30 you can buy (got my rev1 a while back for $17 :)), if you've got the space for it.
 
"It might be a heat problem"...What makes you say that? IOW the temps you're seeing? And have you:

a) tried manually setting the fan speed higher? It would help to see if it really is a heat issue w/ no expense

b) if you've had the card a while, have you tried blowing out the dust bunnies recently?

With that said, the single slot stock cooling of the GT's suck. It may be adequate, but to cool effectively in most situations you need to bump the fan speed up. The AC S1 is a killer alternative, even passively cooled - assuming you have decent -> good airflow in your case. I saw 20-25c+ drops on my 7900GT, and by all accounts, people doing the swap on 8800GTs have been seeing similar drops (or better). It's probably the best cooler for ~$30 you can buy (got my rev1 a while back for $17 :)), if you've got the space for it.

well I got the same cooler you got but the rev 2. Got it for 26 usd plus the turbo cooling kit for 7usd. Going to install tomorrow. If that dont do it well I can live with it I guess.until I come up with the next solution. Rma will be my last result.
 
I have the same card, I don't have the madden game so I can't comment on that. I do have the S1 cooler though, install was a breeze. The BFG I have didn't have paste on the stock ram heatsink, instead there are little pads. As a result the S1 heatsinks stay on the ram chips without any issues. Other people have had issues with the ram heatsinks falling off due to residue left behind by the thermal paste.
My BFG 8800 with S1 and one 92mm fan at 7v lowered my temps to the mid 50 while running world in conflict vs the 80 degrees with the stock cooler. Hope that helps..
 
well I didnt install the cooler after all . I couldnt get the game to play right so I return the card and got a 8800gts 512. It wont be here for another week or so I cant comment as of yet.That one game cost me a extra 79.00 to upgrade my video card. I am going to stop right here if That game dont run right or any other game. I am going to forget it . This hobby gets to expensive. I went from a visiontek 3870..at 237.00 to a 8800gt at 261.00 to a 8800gts at 340.00 all from bb. I know online is cheaper but if you have to rma it cost about 18.00 to return so sometime I just buy from bb.:mad: The gts was on sale for 319.00 plus tax
 
it would of been cheaper to just stop playing madden

it would have but I dont play but 3 games madden, nba live 08 and battlefield 2. the other 2 cards I return. so really I spent 340 for a descent video card that should hold me for 2 years.:D
 
I was going to ask what cable you're using? I had my 8800gt hooked up with a dvi to hdmi cable and had problems with the picture....lighter colors..washed out...not to mention that setting a high resolution in HL2 actually caused a "green screen." I used the dvi to vga dongle....problem solved.
 
Back
Top