BFG 8800 GTS (G92) $225 @ newegg after 30.00 MIR

Climber

Supreme [H]ardness
Newegg has BFG Tech GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card for $270 - $15 (with code VGAX15X) = $255 - $30 Rebate [Fillable Form from SP33DFR34K] = $225 with Free Shipping

Took from Slickdeals thread but its also in the Newegg e-mail.

This price has been going on for a day or two, however this is the first time I have seen the VGAX15X promo code.

Ordered one yesterday and sent email to Newegg. I'm sure they will honor the $15 off.

That being said, a sincere thanks as you saved me $15 bucks. :)

Yeah, I ordered one last night and when I saw the new coupon on SD I called NewEgg and they credited my the $15. One of the many reasons I shop at NewEgg far more than any other site.

For what its worth, Newegg honored the $15 code even though I ordered without it.

I <3 Teh Egg

whoa thanks for this update man i am also among the people who ordered this last night. another -$15 is very welcome.

Do you guys think the price on these will go down a bit more in the next couple of weeks? I need a new card but I can wait a little if it's gonna get cheaper. I don't want to wait and have this deal expire though and have it cost more.

i was in the same boat as you assman. wondering the same. i don't think the price will drop below $225 shipped AR for at least 2 months. $30 rebate + $15 instant + already great low price from newegg. i just don't see that being beaten anytime soon.

the only thing is i wish this was the evga card thats sitting at newegg for $266 at the moment, then i would have absolutely no qualms about my purchase. their stepup program is pretty great for peace of mind especially with the 9800's coming out later this month. but i can't justify an extra $41 for the stepup alone.

i was in the same boat as you assman. wondering the same. i don't think the price will drop below $225 shipped AR for at least 2 months. $30 rebate + $15 instant + already great low price from newegg. i just don't see that being beaten anytime soon.

the only thing is i wish this was the evga card thats sitting at newegg for $266 at the moment, then i would have absolutely no qualms about my purchase. their stepup program is pretty great for peace of mind especially with the 9800's coming out later this month. but i can't justify an extra $41 for the stepup alone.

it will be dropping a good deal more possibly the 12th definitely by the 1st of april.

It never fails. I am setting here looking at my evga for $265 just waiting for a morning install. Grrrr

ouch sorry bud at least you have the stepup available.

if they release the 9800gt and it turns out to be a monster and they set msrp at $299 you will look like a genius right?

Just had Newegg go back and apply this code to my order from Tuesday. Loving the Egg right now.

Makes me sick how much these have dropped in price. I picked up 2 the same week they came out for msrp :(

just so im clear, these are the versions that are slightly better than the GT's correct?

My evga gts 512 (g92) was $300 after tax 2.5 weeks ago, bring on the 98's and you gotta love the step-up. as short lived as these cards are now a days you just cant go wrong with the step-up imho.

9800 gts is around the corner, 8800gts will stay in 200-250 range.. Great card (G92 based)..

Back