bfg 8600gts oc noise level

jkmetal

Limp Gawd
I cannot stand noisy or buzzy computer parts. Infact, I am buying a new case with all new fans just so my computer will be more quiet. How much noise does this card make? I was thinking about a silent pipe 3 one from gigabyte but its takes up two spots and since my computer has only one pci e slot and two pci slots, my sound card might be cooked by the heatpipe 8600. So I am now looking at this card.

My new case is going to be an antec sonata 3 with two quiet 120mm fans, so relative to those fans.

you could water cool them, or perhaps an arctic freezer, so any card would work

I don't know how to compare the card to those fans, but its somewhere in the "not silent, but not really loud" category. It was by far the loudest thing in my computer, but I have an incredibly quiet HSF and PSU.

Was it loud enough to be noticable while playing games? Not really. As long as the sound on your computer isn't muted it isnt too bad, and while just sitting on the desktop I found it hardly noticable.

My 8800 gtx OC2 is pretty quiet. Just put together a new rig and it's very unassuming and not a problem. It's not totally silent but it's no biggie. Doesnt get all loud like my radeon used to do during long gaming sessions either. So with that being said, I dont think the gts should be an issue.

Back