BFG 7800GTX from ZZF - About to get mad...

Aldoria said:
Yea... ZFF has been dissapointing. I just went ahead and cancelled my order because their attitude was more *we might get it to you by the end of the week*. Instead, someone posted the 579.99 deal and I jumped for that and made sure the guy shipped it today! :p

Ald
Damn, I would do that, but it will probably take a couple days to get my money credited to my card!! :mad: :mad:

Jasonx82 said:
Fry's also. Cheaper too by 5 cents 599.99 vs 599.95 :D
Solid learnin' you've done. :p :p

Anyway, I got mine from Tigerdirect quickly, but I had a very similar experience with my 4400+. Turns out they TRULY had them in stock, but weren't going to ship them out to people on the wait list. So I call and cancel my old order and place a new one....these companies really need to keep on their toes for hot items like these, deceiving customers is a nono.

FUCK ZZF. They have a history of doing this. They put it in stock on their page without having it and justify it as "Well the ones that are in stock are already taken but there's another shipment coming in today." What they don't tell you is that there aren't enough coming in today to cover the people who ordered before you, so you need to wait even longer. Read ZZF's terms...while I'm sure they'll hold YOU to them should you have a problem, they have no qualms about breaking their end of the agreement (where if an item is in stock, it will ship in 24 to 48 hours). It happened with the 3500+s when they were new, it's happening now, it will happen again in the future. Buy from ZZF only if what you're ordering isn't 1) brand new and 2) in high demand.

just cancle the order, if they cant fricking stock the card like they said they did and BS you for a while they dont deserve your money... grab one from newegg or monarch...

0mega said:
just cancle the order, if they cant fricking stock the card like they said they did and BS you for a while they dont deserve your money... grab one from newegg or monarch...
My wife made a good point about this earlier. If I cancel the order, I'm looking at 3 business days for my money to be refunded. Their saying they'll have the card in by Friday at the latest. So either way I'm still looking at getting the card by Tuesday of next week. BUT, there is always the chance they get the card in tomorrow or Thursday, in which case I get it sooner. So I'm in the position were I'd like to cancel the order on prinicple, but in the end I just want my damn 7800GTX asap. So I guess I'll just ride this out. I won't buy from them again though.

Even with Neweggs rising prices and shipping fees, they've always shipped everything the same day, or the next day at the latest. Looks like I'll start using them again for all my hardware purchases.

FedEx is crazy sometimes...

Code:
6:58 AM  At dest sort facility   LOUISVILLE, TN  	

6:50 AM  On FedEx vehicle for delivery   KNOXVILLE, TN  	

6:46 AM  At local FedEx facility   KNOXVILLE, TN  	

2:27 AM  At dest sort facility   LOUISVILLE, TN

azzkikur said:
Even with Neweggs rising prices and shipping fees, they've always shipped everything the same day, or the next day at the latest. Looks like I'll start using them again for all my hardware purchases.

Yeah, Newegg is always great about shiping *and* communicating via emails. I got lucky with ZZF- ordered the 7800 the day of the launch around 8:30 AM central- but after reading this thread I'll be more hesitant next time.

well i was going to order my BFG 7800 from zzf because its cheaper and they have free 2nd day shipping but by all the problems every is having i think i'll spend a little more money and order it from newegg.

azzkikur said:

Not hardly. They have shipped 2 days after I ordered, several times. Why else would they had the additional charge if you want them to "rush" the order?

fallguy said:
Not hardly. They have shipped 2 days after I ordered, several times. Why else would they had the additional charge if you want them to "rush" the order?

At least NewEgg has the items in stock :p It just bugs me that the status of the order can be shown as "Packed" even though it's really backordered. In my case, if I didn't call in, I would of waited for a little more than a week before it gets to me (ordered on saturday, supposedly back in stock this friday, no weekend delivery, recieve next monday or tuesday).

Ald

And you know for a fact newegg has never, ever done the same thing? Mistakes happen, even to newegg. Newegg is a great online store, one of the top for sure. However, bad things happen with them as well, same as any other store.

Sure.. mistakes happen but there was a similar situation when the 4400+ came in stock as well. I think it's mainly their "not so real time in stock checker" where as NewEgg's stock is real time (I cancelled an order, the item came back in stock, combined two of my orders to save shipping and went out of stock again :p ). But anyways, they both have nice ratings but I think I will go with NewEgg whenever possible from now on.

Ald

So I called FedEx, and they said their scans are in the wrong order. It is on the truck for delivery. And Im off work today. :) The whole PC is wired and ready to go.. just waiting for the video card.

ZZF is a crapshoot,they might ship it the same day you order it or they probably wont.
I'm not buying from them anymore,there are too many other places to choose from.....

Screw ZZF. Just called them and the aren't even expecting anymore in until July 5th. So they've lied to me multiple times. Canceled the order and ordered it from http://www.djpcstore.com. They have the card in stock for $579.00. I called and verified and talked to the owner. He's going to ship it today. So my total was $599.00 with 2 day shipping. Check out THIS thread for more info on this seller. I'll never buy from ZZF again.

I am so glad I read this thread. Lots of other threads have been making out ZZF to be the Second Coming of Newegg in Its Glory Days, and I might have made the mistake of believing it for my next purchase if I hadn't seen this info.

Sad to see what you went through, but thanks. Your pain=my gain.

Looking at resellerrating, the 3rd reply left for newegg, was bad. On the next page, it took newegg three days to ship something. So it appears that (as I said earlier) every company makes mistakes. If you dont want to order from someplace because of someone elses bad experience, thats your choice. But if you do that all the time.. you will run out of places to buy from. As EVERY place has made someone mad, by screwing something up.

fallguy said:
Looking at resellerrating, the 3rd reply left for newegg, was bad. On the next page, it took newegg three days to ship something. So it appears that (as I said earlier) every company makes mistakes. If you dont want to order from someplace because of someone elses bad experience, thats your choice. But if you do that all the time.. you will run out of places to buy from. As EVERY place has made someone mad, by screwing something up.

How can you trust a resaler that tells you the item shipped and they dont even have it in stock. They just plain lie because they dont want to loose the sale,they wait untill they get the item before it's shipped but tell you they have it. This didnt just happen to acouple by accident,they pulled this crap on a few people here alone.You can have my stuff from ZZF because i'm not oredering it.

How can I trust them? Because they have never wronged me. Seems simple enough to me. You dont think newegg ever did anything like that? Please. Im done going off topic, this isnt a newegg vs. zzf war.

Just got my card, and my new system is alive!! Farcry was included with the card, something I didnt expect. I dont think it was advertised? The T-Shirt was too, as well as the mouse skids. Anyhow.. off to see how much better it does in BF2.

fallguy said:
How can I trust them? Because they have never wronged me. Seems simple enough to me. You dont think newegg ever did anything like that? Please. Im done going off topic, this isnt a newegg vs. zzf war.

Just got my card, and my new system is alive!! Farcry was included with the card, something I didnt expect. I dont think it was advertised? The T-Shirt was too, as well as the mouse skids. Anyhow.. off to see how much better it does in BF2.

I dont remember saying anything about New Egg,i am completely on topic just all the other people here that ZZF screwed.

Just updated the progress of my new order HERE . I'm having a great experience with D & J Computers. First, I got the card for $45 cheaper than anywhere else. Then they had my order packed and ready to ship within 2 hours of ordering. Now it's shipped. The problem with big companies like Newegg and ZZF is there forgetting that good customer service is what made them big. I've gotten 3 emails from Mike at D&J giving me updates on my order. Now that's what I call good customer service. :)

D&J is really good, I've bought stuff from them before. They have a store fairly near me, and its actually not bad. Highly recommended, I wish I had noticed they had it cheaper.

Yeah, just dropped Mike at D & J an email to see if they were getting any X2 4400's in at a good price. :D

They just moved to from dover to rockaway in may and have 2 storefronts. So if you were at their old store and not the new one its like night and day.

Exiled said:
They just moved to from dover to rockaway in may and have 2 storefronts. So if you were at their old store and not the new one its like night and day.
I would love to have a great place to buy hardware from that I could just drive too instead of having to wait for shipping. I'd be in heaven. :D

Maybe, I have a computers plus around me and everything is so expensive. 250 dollar 6600GT's, ridiculous.

I have to admit, its a hell of alot better then driving to comp usa and paying full retail :)

datamage said:
I ordered the card the first day they were available.. it still showed that they had them in stock.

My order did not ship on the day that I placed it, and it remained as 'Processing' the entire day. This was fine, since I assumed it would be shipped the next day. Well, the next day comes and my status goes to 'Packed.' I call ZZF to verify the status of my order, and the lady told me it was going to ship. Well, I wait all day, and the status remained @ 'Packed.' I never received an email, no tracking number, nothing. Since I've read that sometimes the order goes out and the site doesn't update, I was hoping I'd get the card the next day. (I payed for next-day shipping)

Next morning, I still don't have an email, and my order still shows as 'Packed.' I call them up again, and now the lady tells me the card is on backorder. So I cancel my order and that's that. Called up MPC to verify their stock, spoke to a very friendly person and ordered my card. (I now have the card installed)

I apologize for rambling, but I've always heard good things about ZZF, and this was my first experience with them, and the last. How can something be 'packed' if it isn't in stock. The lack of communication was frustrating. Good luck on getting your card.

- D.
ZZF fucked me over on that n i ended up settling for a purple one when i wanted a black one.

I can't believe these people. I had to call in 4 times to get the order canceled!!! Every time I called and said I wanted it canceled, the person would be very dismissive and say "Sure, I'll tell them". Then I would call back 10 minutes later and talk to someone else, and they'd say it was "Packed", which is a fucking lie since they don't even have the cards. Just had to scream at some guy, then when I called back it was actually canceled.

I know what they were trying to do. They wanted to keep my money in their pockets until the cards finally came in, ship it to me, then charge me the 15% restocking fee on the card when I had to return it. BASTARDS!!!! :mad:

azzkikur said:
I can't believe these people. I had to call in 4 times to get the order canceled!!! Every time I called and said I wanted it canceled, the person would be very dismissive and say "Sure, I'll tell them". Then I would call back 10 minutes later and talk to someone else, and they'd say it was "Packed", which is a fucking lie since they don't even have the cards. Just had to scream at some guy, then when I called back it was actually canceled.

I know what they were trying to do. They wanted to keep my money in their pockets until the cards finally came in, ship it to me, then charge me the 15% restocking fee on the card when I had to return it. BASTARDS!!!! :mad:

That really sucks man, thats what happens when you deal with larger companies. They usually care less and just hang up. Then you call back and speak to someone else and get a different answer each time.

BTW: did your card come today?

Grahxen

Grahxen said:
BTW: did your card come today?

Grahxen
Yep, installing it now. I'll post some pics I took and everything later. Thanks a lot for the great deal and great service!!!! :D

Back