BFG 7800gt problems

HBpsy

n00b
Hey there everyone. Long time reader, first time poster here. Anyways, to the point. I bought a BFG 7800GT OC from newegg about 2 months ago. It got here shortly and I set it up in my new system.

First boot however resulted in something similar to this:

So I turn it off and on again. Clean boot. The system runs perfect. Strange thing is, once in a long while it boots up with this garbled image. Anyone know what could be causing it? At first I thought I could live with it, but now it's getting annoying. Any input is welcome.
-Psy

You should call BFG support and work on RMA'ing it ASAP, you shouldnt "live with it", Id expect a $350 video card to work perfectly.

You have checked stuff like good airflow around the case and stuff right ?

Yeah, I have checked airflow. I don't believe that to be a problem because it works better when it's warm ;) What I mean is: if I start it up and this happens, I turn it off and then back on and it's ok. It's like it needs to warm up first to work right. Weird huh? Oh well, guess I'll have to call BFG today. Didn't want to resort to RMAing so that's why I haven't tried yet. Also, you think they'd send me one first while holding my CC number? I can't be without a working computer for a week. It's not like I'm trying to be an a$$ here. I just need my system running all the time.
-Psy

LOL, too bad it doesn't animate and clear up :D . Otherwise I'd think it'd be cool too.
-Psy

Just an update.

The Bad: BFG has terrible email response time. Call them if you need to do anything( stay on the line even if it takes half of forever).

The Good: They shipped a card in advance w/my cc number. Also I got a GTX :cool: !

So there you have it. Another BFG customer for life ;) .

-Psy

HBpsy said:
Just an update.

The Bad: BFG has terrible email response time. Call them if you need to do anything( stay on the line even if it takes half of forever).

The Good: They shipped a card in advance w/my cc number. Also I got a GTX :cool: !

So there you have it. Another BFG customer for life ;) .

-Psy

PLEASE tell me that they charged you extra for swapping your GT for a GTX, considering all the crap they've been putting me through I feel a bit screwed over.... :mad:

i dont think theres such thing as "free lunch in this world"

Actually, there was no charge to my CC. Like I said, I got a GTX in exchange for my bad GT.

Glad to know they came through for you too. These horror stories I keep hearring really scared me at first.

-Psy

Back