BFG 7800 GT OC VS XFX 7800 GT OC, Which is better?

Lastviper

n00b
Hey everyone, just curious as to which one is better. I am buying one today or tomorrow and I can not decide between the
BFG for $319 Here
or the XFX for $280 Here
Well I just did some looking after seeing everyone's respones about the eVGA card and found it the eVGA 7800 GT for $285 Here
So what does everyone think, I am leaning towards the eVGA since it is the fastest of the three and nearly half the people have recomended that card. Thanks again everyone.
Any experiences with either are greatly appreciated, or any input in general. Thanks everyone.

I have the BFG 7800 GT OC. I love it! best (when new) $500 I have ever spent. Not to mention, I think it has some kind of limited lifetime warranty. I had many problems with my games, and I always thought it was my gfx card? So I took it back to best buy 2 times, within like 9 month's or more, and they always replaced it. But it was never the problem, it was just my dumb ass, not realizing programs make computers bad to! haha.

The BFG GT OC get's a 10/10 from me!

And too top it off, this site gave it one hell of a review!!!

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=ODAz

The xfx is clocked higher and is cheaper, plus with all the bfg rma threads here i'd think twice before getting one.

Big Fat Duck said:
xfx also has better warranty, you can oc it and change coolers without voiding it

Are you sure about that? It sounds like overclocking would definitely void the warranty...

“Proper Usage” is defined as normal wear and tear. Should the Product be modified or damaged as the result of overclocking, tampering, alteration, misuse, abuse, power supply, power application, or repair by other than XFX the warranty is VOID.

Personally I would go with the eVGA 7800GT CO.

I bought the new XFX 7800GT and it looks cool with the black board. I wonder if it has any lights. Oh well...I will find out next Friday when I finally assemble my system :D
BTW, XFX has the double lifetime warranty which makes for better advertising on ebay

Lastviper said:
Hey everyone, just curious as to which one is better. I am buying one today or tomorrow and I can not decide between the
BFG for $319 Here
or the XFX for $280 Here

Any experiences with either are greatly appreciated, or any input in general. Thanks everyone.

If you decide on the XFX, don't cry if it breaks....

If you decide on BFG, and something goes wrong, have no fear they will fix it or replace it.

You get what you pay for, and I would gladly give BFG a few extra bucks.

-Syn

xfx has a better warrenty, lifetime of the first owner and second owner, bfg's are non tranferable.

its just a question of brand preference, and since you don't have one (hence why you are asking this question), get the cheaper one. they are the same card. i'd go for the xfx, its 20 bucks less, for the same card!

The XFX looks pretty slick and has a better warranty than the BFG so that would be my choice out of the two. My pick though would be the EVGA 7800 GT.

This might be a little off topic but what is url for the site that compares the video cards with the drop down list that compares head to head?

mrbigshot said:
xfx has a better warrenty, lifetime of the first owner and second owner, bfg's are non tranferable.

wrong its tranfers with the card as may times as the card changes hands i know i asked be for i sold my 6800GT thay told me if you own a BFG card regardless of if your the orignal ower or not thay will honor it

basicly if you have the send it in thay dont cant how my times its changed hands

Get the evga 7800 gt CO version, it'll run as fast as some gtx's at lower resolutions, including overclocked ones. It would beat any other gt on the market.

millerpa17 said:
Get the evga 7800 gt CO version, it'll run as fast as some gtx's at lower resolutions, including overclocked ones. It would beat any other gt on the market.
:rolleyes: What if you OC a XFX 7800GT? Doesn't the new XFX 7800GT also have the copper cooler?

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
:rolleyes: What if you OC a XFX 7800GT? Doesn't the new XFX 7800GT also have the copper cooler?

But you also run the risk of the GT not being able to overclock to those speeds. That's the fun of it. :D

MonoDestro said:
Are you sure about that? It sounds like overclocking would definitely void the warranty...

Personally I would go with the eVGA 7800GT CO.

by 'damage' they mean physical damage.. like if they discover a blackened gpu core from overclocking

Hard core BFG customer here! I would always buy BFG, with a lifetime warranty why wouldn't you? Those guys overclock the board, then slap a lifetime warranty on it. AND, they sponsor PDXLAN in Portland Oregon, which for me is kick ass =)

-Syn

BFG is the way to go for me. They have a great warranty and an awesome product. I have been a loyal customer for several years now.

Back