bfg 680i problem... i think ;)

conuk

n00b
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
7
ok just built new system today - but does not post :(

CM Stacker 830 to hold everything

Intel QX6700

BFG 680i mobo

BFG 8800GTX OC gfx card

2 gb Geil Ultra

Enermax Galaxy 850 watt PSU

couple of raptors - DVDrw -

Dell 2407 monitor....

anyways - when posting I get 7F on the LCD mobo display - fans etc all spin up - nothing on screen.

if i put the 8800 in the second slot down (blue one) - nothing - same 7F

if i put it in the 3rd slot (bottom black one) - I get a post screen - CPU is there - 2gb memory is there - but a message states `please put gfx card in slot 1 unless you are using sli` and theres the problem...

it dont do anything ! lol

any ideas folks ?
mobo problem or 8800 problem - im in the uk - if i have to RMA BFG where are they ?

thanks in advance.
 
1) Disassemble all your hardware including the cpu.
2) Rebuild your system one by one in order. I suggest you don't put anything into ur case until you get everything to work.

Try those.
 
done that - still same problem ...
I did read a review somewhere where SLi wouldnt work - there was faulty PCIe and so one card would not work.. so I guess this maybe fault here.

eventually got an email from BFG support.

saying `probably a motherboard failure`

and thats it.

so emailed them back asking what to do next - got a pretty standard email asking for my details (address etc...)

this took best part of a day.... granted theres a time difference....

then got another email asking me to format my address properly! because they use : district, city etc..... so gave them what they asked for - and have now heard nothing.

pretty annoying as its cost me £1500 for parts that are useless right now....

do they ever send out a board before getting the old one back ?
and if!/when! I get an RMA number from them = where does the board get sent back to ? I live in the UK... think I may cry if I have to post it back to USA or something and have to wait any longer !
 
yea im pretty sure they do advanced rma when i sent in my 6800gt i remember giving them credit card info because they send it out then i send mine in
 
thanks for that - do you have to ship the whole box back ---- all the bits and bobs, manuals (and t-shirt ;) as well or do you just pop the board in anti static bag and box - and package away ?
 
Hey dude, I have a BFG 7900GT crap out on me and the RMA was fairly fast, though im living in canada. Took about a two weeks from dropping it off at my post office to receiving it back from BFG. If your not sure what they require you to ship with it THIS WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR RMA QUESTIONS. Check about half way down and you will see the whole section about returning motherboards to BFG, good luck.
 
Back
Top