• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

bfg 6800gt oc - need help finding one :(

just get a regular gt--any brand. I have a PNY gt, and its clocked at 445 /1.15 easily. The BFGS arent anything special
 
no thanks,
i want a bfg 6800oc,

so is chumbo prob the best place to preorder/getin line?
 
if you have a fry's near by... they have had a bunch in stock all over the place...
 
I got mine from Compuplus.com 3 days ago.

2nd day Fedex express shipping
 
I also want only a BFG 6800 Ultra OC. I think Chumbo may be the best bet, but both the Ultra OC and GT OC have been "Highly Allocated" status for more then a week. Newegg has no stock and their prices look to be ridicules. I've also been keeping an eye on Best Buy too.
 
Definitely go with BFG, they give awesome customer support and guaranteed a REAL lifetime warranty. Don't settle for less. I got mine from compuplus.com.
 
creedAMD said:
Definitely go with BFG, they give awesome customer support and guaranteed a REAL lifetime warranty. Don't settle for less. I got mine from compuplus.com.


I am also planning on buying one because of those reasons,

PNY doesnt appeal to me
 
I just called chumbo about 30 min ago to check on my order, they said their next batch will be anywhere from 1-2 weeks =/
 
i placed my order for the bfg gt on 7/19 with chumbo, i hope i get it by this week, but i have a bad feeling i wont :/ time will tell
 
arockoholic said:
I just called chumbo about 30 min ago to check on my order, they said their next batch will be anywhere from 1-2 weeks =/

1-2 weeks! Thanks for the heads-up. I guess having a new videocard on a fresh install before D3 is out the window.
 
The Reaper said:
Comp-U-Plus BFG 6800GT OC in stock for $489.95, no thanks. :rolleyes:

WOW! NO SHIT! This is amazing when I ordered it it was $403.95 and they sent it 2day express for free!
 
You'd think by now these companies would realize the demand for these cards and step up the amount shipped to retailers.
 
Kenbo... 403 @ comp-u-plus??? How'd you get that price??!
 
Oh well, Seeing as all seems to be lost on getting a card before doom 3 I canceled my Chumbo order and am now going to be placing an order on a Gainward Golden Sample (still havent decided GT or Ultra). I'll just play Doom 3 MP until the card is recieved....
 
compuplus started selling the GT's at that price, I remember seeing the price this low when I didnt have the money for the card (go figure). They have been gradually raising the price, since people are desperate to pay the difference.
 
Ya... no doubt on raising the prices. But I can't see how its gradual!

They quoted me $519 after second day shipping! :(
 
did i just get the last one at computerbrain?

they showed in stock for me and its in my cart and im about to purchase
 
I doubt it, most sites lately have been showing in stock, but after calling them, they say their site just hasnt been updated recently.
 
arockoholic said:
Oh well, Seeing as all seems to be lost on getting a card before doom 3 I canceled my Chumbo order and am now going to be placing an order on a Gainward Golden Sample (still havent decided GT or Ultra). I'll just play Doom 3 MP until the card is recieved....

Yea I actually am getting a GainWard 6800 GT "golden sample" shipped to me after 8/15 (pre-ordered). I figure whatever if I have to wait an extra month to play doom 3. Ive already waited 2yrs I can easily wait another month or so.

Oh yea I got the card for $410 + s&h and considering that that most online places are selling for around $500 I think I got a pretty nice buy considering that Gainward Golden Samples are like the cream of the crop ;)

I suggest you hold out on buying an Evga or BFG to get a Gainward if thats what you really want unless your gonna die if you dont play through d3 single player asap. Otherwise BFG makes exceptional cards as well and the customer support is very tight as well :)
 
Where did you preorder your Gainward GT? Just put in my preorder at Computerhq.com was 429 plus 6 for shipping, didnt think that was too bad for a dual fan card that looks to be awesome for cooling.
 
SYN ACK said:
did i just get the last one at computerbrain?

they showed in stock for me and its in my cart and im about to purchase


They might just put you on a pre order / waiting list.

btw are you getting it for $459.95?
 
And btw, the Gainward Golden Samples specs on the site show 1.6ns memory. Is this true? If so even more bang for the buck.
 
The Reaper said:
Comp-U-Plus BFG 6800GT OC in stock for $489.95, no thanks. :rolleyes:

I saw that, overpricing there is ridiculous. No wonder they still have some in stock.
 
arockoholic said:
Where did you preorder your Gainward GT? Just put in my preorder at Computerhq.com was 429 plus 6 for shipping, didnt think that was too bad for a dual fan card that looks to be awesome for cooling.

Ebay. I do a bit of shopping off of ebay you just have to know who to buy from. This guy is good from my previous transactions but if I know that computerhq had them I would have bought from there just b/c. Anyways I believe the mem is at 2ns but that could be for the none Golden Sample GT model im not sure. The mem speed is at 900mhz as opposed to 1000mhz

I figure what the hell though thats an easy OC and its a Golden Sample so worries there on OC'ing
 
arockoholic said:
I'll just play Doom 3 MP until the card is recieved....

That is EXACTLY my plan as well :) There's no way I can have the game and not play it, so I'll just hold off on the SP until my 6800gt arrives too :D
 
Comp-U-Plus has a bunch of them in stock, but they are well past a reasonable price for the card.
 
negative :(
just cancelled my order

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr why do they let ppl order if theyre not in stock
 
w00t!

Got my BFG GeForceFX 6800 GT OC today.

Overnighted FedEx Express!
 
Back
Top