computerpro3
LightningRod
- Joined
- Mar 29, 2003
- Messages
- 8,702
Hi,
I will be purchasing a new video card soon and was lookin on BFG's website (I have my heart set on BFG for their warranty and service; what company with BFG as a name couldn't be awesome?). I noticed they have the 6800 ultra offered in waterblock and non waterblock versions. The waterblock version comes stock @ 470mhz, where the normal one comes stock @ 425mhz. I will be watercooling the card with the dangerden waterblock regardless or which I get.
Question 1:
What are the odds that the vanilla version will overclock as high as the waterblock version (470mhz minimum)? The card will be watercooled with the dangerden block, as I said earlier, so cooling is not a problem.
Question 2:
Is there anything special that BFG did to the card to guarantee 470mhz, like increased voltage or something? Are these cherry picked cards that would overclock higher than the normal 6800 ultras even if they are both using the same cooling?
Thanks in advance for all the help guys!
I will be purchasing a new video card soon and was lookin on BFG's website (I have my heart set on BFG for their warranty and service; what company with BFG as a name couldn't be awesome?). I noticed they have the 6800 ultra offered in waterblock and non waterblock versions. The waterblock version comes stock @ 470mhz, where the normal one comes stock @ 425mhz. I will be watercooling the card with the dangerden waterblock regardless or which I get.
Question 1:
What are the odds that the vanilla version will overclock as high as the waterblock version (470mhz minimum)? The card will be watercooled with the dangerden block, as I said earlier, so cooling is not a problem.
Question 2:
Is there anything special that BFG did to the card to guarantee 470mhz, like increased voltage or something? Are these cherry picked cards that would overclock higher than the normal 6800 ultras even if they are both using the same cooling?
Thanks in advance for all the help guys!