BFG 6800 OC unlocking pipelines QUESTION

p.i.m.p

Gawd
i dont have $$$ incase i mess up while unlocking the pipelines so i got a question..

i've got a BFG 6800 OC 128mp AGP8x

i've opened up rivatuner and saw the only 2 hardware masked thingies i'm supposed to check to enable the 16pixels/6vertex

SO if i do check em ON what happens then ?

Restart, and look for artifacts & graphics distortion. None? then you're sweet, some? try switching on/off between pipeline & vertext shader unit cos one of them maybe undamaged. If both are damaged then you're out of luck, switch everything back to manufacturer default. Softmodding are perfectly safe.

you'll be enabling the extra pipelines and VS.

I did it to mine with no problems, I'm still looking for an ati tool like ap that'll torture test the vid card and check for any artifacts but it'l handle a couple of hours of CSS with no problems. I can't seem to get a decent oc though.

mine went thru np. i think the success rate is very high even tho many say its only 50-65%. i think its much higher from what i see. just do it, im sure urs will unlock just fine and ech3lon9 answered the rest so ;) hope urs unlock w/o problems.

thanx for the replies lads..

after i made this thread the forum went down for a few days and was sad that i couldnt read this thread lol

anyways, i DID unlock my 16pipes/6vertex w/o problems :D

Back