BFG 6800 GT OC (defective?)

I Just purchased a 6800 GT OC BFG.....

Installed it on a nforce3 mobo (Chaintech VNF-250) and it lights up and the fans start spinning ok, almost working and i get a beep code (Video card is seated properly and plugged in to PSU). 1 long beep and a short beep or something like that. I have it connected to my 350 watt psu (antec case default) and BFG says that it requires 300 watt psu so i shouldn't have any probs I have even unplugged all the drives but the machine will still not post.

I bought the last one in BB yesterday... could be a defect?
I am upgrading from a 9600 pro...

Yea... I would have guessed my PSU too however, I have removed all Hard drives and Cd-rom drives so all thats connected to my PSU is my mobo and videocard....

I have an Antec PSU 350 Watt

Currently non-oc 3200+
and the BFG 6800 GTOC
1 gig ram

(all thats connected to my mobo)

I will be testing this card on another computer... will keep ya posted on results

I have an Antec case with already provided PSU, SLK1650 I think. PSU is a 350 with 21a on the 12v rail if I'm remembering it right. Also have a BFG 6800GT in an AMD64 3400 and a DFI Lanparty. Was playing UT and WoW alright with it this morning. Mind you my HD decided to die on me, seeing if a low level format will solve it. Hope it's just the HD and not a defective mobo or anything PSU related. My older machine was an 2600XP on an Asus Nforce2 with an 9800XT with only a 300w PSU. Don't know the difference in juice sucking between an Asus 9800XT and a BFG 6800Gt but since both need their own damn power plug they both got to be thirsty.

The card was indeed defective I have returned the card to bestbuy, and the new card is working great!

Back