• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BFG 6800 GT OC Benchs

88ccNutz

n00b
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
24
Ok I recently pruchased the BFG 6800 GT OC to upgrade from 9800XT. My system right now is a P4 800fsb 2.6c overclocked to 3.12, my memory is Kingston Hyperx pc4000 timings are 2-3-3-5. Video card is running at stock speed. What kind of scores do you guys think I should expect to get from 3dmark 01,03 and what kind fo settings will I be able to run Doom 3? Thanks anyway help appericated
 
12 Axes said:
Slightly lower or the same in 3DMark2K1.

Double 3DMark2K3.

Sorry if I act like a noob but could you please explain to me what you just wrote I dont understand?
 
88ccNutz said:
Sorry if I act like a noob but could you please explain to me what you just wrote I dont understand?

With such a powerful video card, 3DMark01 becomes more CPU dependant. Since you're not upgrading the CPU, your 01 scores probably won't show a huge improvement.

Your 3DMark03 scores, however, should roughly double.

Make sense? :)
 
Yes I understand now but what kind of scores should I expect with 03. I never really did a benchmark with my 9800xt didnt really care to at the time cause it was a kick ass card
 
Are you retarded or just having a wishfull think?
If you have the card, run the benchmark and tell us the answer!
If you are just wasting everyones time, go Google an answer.
Des.
Yes this is a flame. :mad:
 
01 = ~20k

03 = ~11k

those would be some fairly average scores for your setup.
 
Well I ran some benches on my GT before I got rid of it
2k1 I got 19,5xx stock settings
2k3 I got 10,999 stock too :)
this is BFG so its a bit oc
i OC'ed it a bit mroe i got 11,5xx in 3dm
 
Des Flurane said:
Are you retarded or just having a wishfull think?
If you have the card, run the benchmark and tell us the answer!
If you are just wasting everyones time, go Google an answer.
Des.
Yes this is a flame. :mad:
Damn bro chill out whats your problem? :confused:
 
Des Flurane said:
Are you retarded or just having a wishfull think?
If you have the card, run the benchmark and tell us the answer!
If you are just wasting everyones time, go Google an answer.
Des.
Yes this is a flame.

mabye he wanted to see if his system is holding up to other with similar setups

a common and good concern
 
Back
Top