bfg 6800 gt for 359.99

rhoel said:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...168&type=product&isLogout=true&DPSLogout=true

This is almost funny, but it's a good deal. I'm ordering one now.

They have the 6800 GT for that price and the 6800 Ultra for $449 right now too bad theyve screwed so many people out of there preorders that theyll be lucky if they can get any business.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1083712392168&skuId=6684652&type=product GT $359

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1083712380517&skuId=6684643&type=product Ultra $449

They also have the x800pro for $359.99 and x800xt for $449.99.

I shouldn't say have, preorder of course!

great deal, take $$ off a card they can't provide to anyone at full MSRP anyway.

I gave up and bought an in-stock card for $399. tired of waiting, and not worth saving $40 and waiting weeks or who knows how long.

well, im gonna cancel my 299 preorder if they dont ship on the 6th like weve been promised.

I would just order from GameVE or one of the other stores that actually have the 6800GT's in stock. eVGA has them in stock on their website for $399. I ordered an XFX 6800GT from GameVE for $405. And i just saw that PNY has their 6800GT's in stock on their site.

burningrave101 said:
I would just order from GameVE or one of the other stores that actually have the 6800GT's in stock. eVGA has them in stock on their website for $399. I ordered an XFX 6800GT from GameVE for $405. And i just saw that PNY has their 6800GT's in stock on their site.

Dude I am not serously considering a 6800Ultra if CDW fails to come through on the 6th with my xt800PE. Do the Game VE people sell the BFG cards?

jacuzz1 said:
Dude I am not serously considering a 6800Ultra if CDW fails to come through on the 6th with my xt800PE. Do the Game VE people sell the BFG cards?

Yeah they sell them but out of stock so it's a preorder. I preordered one yesterday but the ETA date is the 26th I believe. It's a long wait but I have better things to do than whine and cry about not getting the card sooner. :( Does anyone know if GameVe charges your credit card before they have them in stock? They jacked up the price a bit but if you think about it people are paying 30-40 bucks in taxes at stores so I guess they can get away with it.

eyedol said:
Yeah they sell them but out of stock so it's a preorder. I preordered one yesterday but the ETA date is the 26th I believe. It's a long wait but I have better things to do than whine and cry about not getting the card sooner. :( Does anyone know if GameVe charges your credit card before they have them in stock? They jacked up the price a bit but if you think about it people are paying 30-40 bucks in taxes at stores so I guess they can get away with it.

They dont charge your CC until they process your order and ship it i believe.

The BFG 6800GT is IN STOCK and going for $430 at GameVE.

Here are the 6800's they have currently available.

http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/quicksearch.aspx?searchKey=6800

I ordered two BFG GTs from Best Buy. afterwords I called their CSR department and asked one of their reps when the cards would be shipping.

he did confirm that they'd be getting them on the 6th and that I'd recieve my cards on the 7th because I chose over-nite delivery.

$391 per card (which includes sale tax w/ $6 over-nite shipping) isnt bad at all.

we'll see....

i hope you guys who ordered those cards from best buy have pci express systems.

edit: odd, up top it says agp 8x, but under features it says its pci-express. better get a confirmation.

sativa said:
i hope you guys who ordered those cards from best buy have pci express systems.

edit: odd, up top it says agp 8x, but under features it says its pci-express. better get a confirmation.
Have they even started making the 6800GTs and the Us in PCIe?

It's definitely an AGP card.

They say it's PCIe compatible because it probably has a built-in ability to be bridged to a PCIe interface? Hmm.. If that's the case, we can just buy an "AGP-to-PCIe bridge connector" later and put it in the 2nd PCIe slot later down the line. Since the 2nd PCIe slot is 8x max speed, it'll match exactly with this card's max.

Should I get this card or keep my gateway order for x800xt pe card? If I get this I"ll be saving 40 bucks.

I don't care if I wait a month for the gateway card.

I'll wait until a reputable place sells it for the same price or lower.

i just went to the EVGA site and they are hawking a 6800Ultra Extreme. They are doing weekly drawing for who gets one. they are 549.00 Seems reasonable?

I entered the drawing for the "privelage" of buyng one.

Was thinking of getting in on this deal , but will prob see if they do the same price in store or something. ... Then i remembered maybe just waiting for newegg to do a sale.... (someday)

I think I'm going to try to preorder it... with everywhere else 100 dollars more, I think the risk is worth it. Even though its a 1 rating at resellerratings, I'm not that worried. I figure most of the people that order from best buy hardly know what the 'internet' is. :p

jacuzz1 said:
they are 549.00 Seems reasonable?

yeah, thats reasonable if you're Donald Trump. :D

other than that, po-boyz like myself gotta settle for something cheaper like the BFG 6800 GT.

iZero said:
I'll wait until a reputable place sells it for the same price or lower.

I dont think your going to find a BFG 6800GT OC any lower then $360 for a while. Your better off just coughing up the cash and getting one thats in stock for $400.

burningrave101 said:
I dont think your going to find a BFG 6800GT OC any lower then $360 for a while. Your better off just coughing up the cash and getting one thats in stock for $400.
MSRP is only $400 for the GT. People are paying above that right now. I can wait a few weeks to save $100.

strossos said:
I think I'm going to try to preorder it... with everywhere else 100 dollars more, I think the risk is worth it. Even though its a 1 rating at resellerratings, I'm not that worried. I figure most of the people that order from best buy hardly know what the 'internet' is. :p

If your looking at ResellerRatings then i would say that most of the people know what the internet is and that the votes Best Buy has acquired are well earned.

iZero said:
MSRP is only $400 for the GT. People are paying above that right now. I can wait a few weeks to save $100.

Your going to have to wait more then a few weeks before sites start selling GT's for $300. The MSRP is usually the lowest price the vendors sell the cards at. Some go a little bit lower but not much. Usually you can expect to pay the MSRP + MORE for the top quality brands like Gigabyte, MSI, XFX, and Leadtek. You can usually get the eVGA and PNY cards for right at the MSRP and thats what they are at right now.

Just look at the FX 5950u and 9800XT. They are slower then the 6800nu and still selling for well over $300.

I got in on this too. Hopefully I'll get it Wednsday. My 4600 needs some peace :)

That $6 next day shipping ain't bad at all.

Back