BFBC2 questions

Shantarr.Dalrae

[H]ard|Gawd
Can a tank (full on tank, not apc) be one shot, destroyed; from full life?

No perks on either side, just a rocket launcher, C4, or stationary placement.

Thank you!

I think it's possible with anti-tank mines. But I might be thinking of the APC.

Nothing else that I know of can do that. Not even the M136 AT-4 from behind can do it in one shot.

EDIT: here's an article from April 2010. Its probably fairly accurate.

http://erich.realtimerendering.com/bfbc2/weapons.html

So what do the engineer's antitank weapons do? First, they have the same effect on the heavy and the light tank, and each type of tank takes the same amount of damage. No, seriously. All numbers below are "square on" numbers, where the shot hits the tank's armor dead-on:

· RPG-7: 28% damage when hitting the front (always, angle doesn't matter), 57% maximum (and 28% minimum) when hitting the side or rear, angle matters.

· M2 Carl Gustav: 22% damage when hitting the front, 44% maximum to side or rear.

· M136 AT-4: 33%/66%.

· Stationary BGM71 TOW antitank weapon: 57% to front, instant kill the maximum shot on side or rear (so call it 114%).

The EXPLMK2 specialization is said to increase damage of soldier antitank weapons by 25%. Vehicle Armor upgrade reduces damage by 25%. Generally, most of the specializations appear to be +25% or -25% in the right way.

Firing at the gap between the turret and body doesn't seem to increase damage (jury is still out). There's rumored to be a special spot on the back that gives a lot of damage, but I have not found such a place in testing so far (I can't disprove the existence of unicorns, either). Shooting the treads doesn't appear to do any extra damage, unlike in Battlefield 2.

Grenades: armor doesn't matter, just get it close to the tank. Fragmentation and the 40 mm do the same, 6% or less. Note that the 40mm "shot" grenade needs to go a minimum distance to blow up; too close and it doesn't, probably as an anti-suicide mechanism.

C4: position matters, armor is irrelevant. Put it in the center of the side of the tank and it takes only one charge to blow the tank. Put it on the front or the rear (!) of the tank and it does only 69% damage.

Mortar: if the mortar is called directly on the tank and the tank just sits there, the tank is always destroyed. The improved demolitions specialty does not increase mortar damage.

Mines: do 69% damage on a heavy tank, 97% on a Bradley. Engineers can deploy up to 6 mines total; if the 7th is deployed, the 1st disappears, etc. Mines apparently last forever while the player is playing, even if he switches teams. Mines can be blown up by shooting at them; the engineer has to be a safe distance away to do so, but anyone else can at any distance.

Tank on tank: 30% front, 52% sides and rear. The hardened steel warheads specialty raises this to 35% and 67%.

Bradley gun vs. tank: the six shots produce 14% total damage (2.3% damage each) to the front, 28% sides and rear. Note that the Bradley does use a clip of 6 shots, only when the last is fired does it reload.

land mine can destroy it in one shot if you get a direct drive over it.

AT4 won't do crap to it.
Carl G does more damange
the RGP-A7 AT does the best amount of damange to a tank

choppers and guided missles are no better.

I believe a well placed missile from UAV can 1 shot a tank.

I know an anti-tank mine will take one out too.

The people I made a bet that it couldn't be one shot by a missle are still claiming TOW can.

I swear those did alot less damage. :(

The people I made a bet that it couldn't be one shot by a missle are still claiming TOW can.

I swear those did alot less damage. :(

The guide says the TOW can do it from behind. The reason you never see it happen is because most people use the TOW in a defensive position, which unless the tank driver is an idiot, always hits the front.

Or, the other possibility is the game has been rebalanced since April 2010. You'll only know for sure if your try :D

if the above post is correct then a TOW will do 114% max damage on the side/rear.

but I've shot tanks with the TOW and it definitely isn't a 1 shot 1 kill launcher...

you can take a tank down with 1 pull of the trigger with C4; requires 2 or 3 sticks though (don't recall which it is...been a while since i've played BC2). taking down a tank with C4 is one of the more enjoyable feats in BC2 :D

you can take a tank down with 1 pull of the trigger with C4; requires 2 or 3 sticks though (don't recall which it is...been a while since i've played BC2). taking down a tank with C4 is one of the more enjoyable feats in BC2 :D

I'm partial to repair drilling enemy vehicles to death...feels so ridiculous yet satisfying.

Also I'll vouch that sometimes you can be 1-shotted by the UAV. Scares the living crap out of me every time it happens.

I'm partial to repair drilling enemy vehicles to death...feels so ridiculous yet satisfying.

Also I'll vouch that sometimes you can be 1-shotted by the UAV. Scares the living crap out of me every time it happens.

I love doing that, then repair tooling the driver or gunner who hops out. :D

I love doing that, then repair tooling the driver or gunner who hops out. :D

I had my best repair drilling spree the other night...I forget the map, but an APC drives over a tall rock and drops into a depression that is only about 1 person wide. The entire APC unloads in disarray, as I run forward and drill straight through 3 people then drill the APC to death before they know WTH is going on. :D

Back