BFBC2 free upgrade to limited edition?

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
I searched through the forums and was unable to find info on this, if its already been posted I apologize. I pre-purchased Bad company 2 limited edition and was talking with a buddy of mine and he said that "EVERYONE" who pre ordered the game will be automatically upgraded to the limited edition when it is released. Has anyone else heard this? Should I cancel my pre order on the limited edition and order the cheaper edition? Thanks in advance.

huh? There is only one version of the game. The 49.99 version and thats it.

If you pre order you get some unlocks, early access to game mode and some other stuff..

huh? There is only one version of the game. The 49.99 version and thats it.

If you pre order you get some unlocks, early access to game mode and some other stuff..

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/7439/

"The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 demo offers players early access to the Port Valdez map and Rush Multiplayer mode. This demo just scratches the surface of the game’s robust single-player and multiplayer offering. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 delivers eight intense maps and four multiplayer modes**. In the Limited Edition version of the game, players get early access to six unlockable items such as improved vehicle armor, advanced weapons and superior fire power. The Limited Edition is available at no extra charge, but is in limited supply. Action fans should pre-order now to secure their copy."

I dont hink any stores sell the regular edition right now. All the stores Ive seen are only letting you pre-order the limited edition. I ordered my copy from steam, got my beta key and am just waiting for release now lol

edit: oh and if you did pre-order and got the beta key then you have the limited edition, we just dont get the 6 unlocks givin to us in the beta, we will recieve them in the full game instead. (but you can unlock all 6 in the beta by playing)

All new copies are Limited Edition.

After a couple weeks or a month, new copies will be regular editions and will not include early access to the specialization unlocks and free DLC.

These unlocks, do they mean you cannot get them in the regular edition of the game unless you pre-order, or does it mean you will just need to get the experience to get it.

just means you need to get the xp/rank to get them. All the limited edition does is give them to you from the start.

Oh okay sweet, then I'll just wait for a final demo before jumping the gun on this one.
Thanks!!!

Back