BF5 5700 xt low performance

etegv

Limp Gawd
4770k at 4.2
16gb ddr3 2400
Windows 10

I am getting between 100-150 fps in Bfv. Is this normal? Imo, I feel that I should be getting higher frames. Should I upgrade to the ryzen cpu? Would that help?

Thanks

4770k at 4.2
16gb ddr3 2400
Windows 10

I am getting between 100-150 fps in Bfv. Is this normal? Imo, I feel that I should be getting higher frames. Should I upgrade to the ryzen cpu? Would that help?

Thanks
Res? Settings?

If your above 1080p at ultra I'd say you're doing great. Bfv also loves it's cores. I don't have a 5700 to compare but I don't think you are far from the mark. Bf games don't run at csgo speeds.

My r5 1600 and 580 oc gets around 90 to 125 at 1080 high.

I apologize. I am at 1080p on low.

Imo, I feel like I should be getting 150 to 190 fps. I am not sure if I am being reasonable here.

Would I get better performance with a ryzen upgrade?

4770k at 4.2
16gb ddr3 2400
Windows 10

Thanks

You would no doubt get better performance with a processor upgrade. The 4770K is was no slouch for its time but its getting pretty old by today's standards.

If I were to upgrade, I would aim for a Ryzen 3700x

Last edited:
You would no doubt get better performance with a processor upgrade. The 4770K is was no slouch for its time but its getting pretty old by today's standards.

Do you know how much of an upgrade I might see with a ryzen 3600? Would I see a jump of 20 fps or more? I am playing bfv at 1080p low.

Thanks

Do you know how much of an upgrade I might see with a ryzen 3600? Would I see a jump of 20 fps or more? I am playing bfv at 1080p low.

Thanks

Probably not a 20fps increase with the 3600. Spend a little more and get a 3700x. But do your research before you make the purchase.

Probably not a 20fps increase with the 3600. Spend a little more and get a 3700x. But do your research before you make the purchase.

Thank you. I tried gpu check and they were getting anywhere between 150 to 190 frames on low. I made posts on several websites where the posters stated that my CPU with an oc should allow me to get anywhere between140-160 fps. I think hitting 120 frames is a bit low in Bfv. I want to get 180 fps.

Right now, I am not happy where I am at fps wise. I want to get 180 fps with the 5700xt. I am not sure if that is reasonable or possible.

Thanks.

It could make you more vulnerable to attacks, but you could try disabling your meltdown and spectre patches using this tool. https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm.

It is also a good idea to check to see if you have any viruses and malware already that could be slowing you down.

Note: I can't remember if they gave out a better patch in more recent times that reduces the overhead of the patches. Your mileage may vary.

Here's another video for how haswell/devilscanyon compare to current gen offerings:

While you may have the 4770k and not the 4790k, it's essentially the same architecture with slightly different clock speeds, so the results should be quite similar.

Last edited:
I know this is an answer to a question you didn't ask,. Why not just crank up the graphics settings and enjoy the beautiful game? You should run 80+ fps at ultra 1080 all day. Bf5 isn't a twitch shooter, it's made to look great, with camouflage, foliage, explosions, fire.
I can't say for sure how much cpu you would need to get your frame rate up to where you want it, but your demands are pretty high. 180 might even be beyond the ability of your 5700.

You are cpu bound. If you upgraded to a new Intel or AMD chip you would easily see 30-80% improvement at 1080p across the board. I have a 2500k at 5ghz in my media box, and compared to my new cpus, the max frame rates are substantially lower. At 4k though, it's pretty much the same, with the occassional hitch or lower fps blip.

If you want to save some money, just get the ryzen 3600, with the cheapest overclockable b series motherboard, and 16 gigs of the cheapest ram you can find. for around 400 bucks you would have a serious upgrade over what you have now.

Get you a 3800x and you will finally max out the the frame rates you desire. (cause you are very much cpu bottle necked on low settings)

What I'm I missing. 100-150 GPS is not good enough for you in actual game play.
Some people like the numbers. Honestly bfv at 1080 ultra settings would be stunning. It's a really pretty game. I don't consider it a twitch shooter either so don't consider 60fps (my world) to be a handicap

Some people like the numbers. Honestly bfv at 1080 ultra settings would be stunning. It's a really pretty game. I don't consider it a twitch shooter either so don't consider 60fps (my world) to be a handicap
especially if thats the min frame rates! :)

Back