BF4 PS4 vs One Footage Coming

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
Battlefield 4 PS4/Xbox One Direct Feed Footage Coming October the 29th, One Version “Looks Better than the Other”

The problem I have is that he's comparing multiplayer on one console to singleplayer on the other. That's not a valid comparison.

LINK

Rumors are pointing to the One version SP looking better than PS4 MP. Keep in mind PS4 MP version of Killzone has lower graphics so they can get 60 FPS, where the SP version has better graphics and 30 FPS.

That would be really weird if Killzone has 30fps locked in SP and 60fps in MP. What an awkward switch when you jump between the two.

Interesting that the One version of BF4 might look better than the PS4 when the rumors for the PS4 version of COD being a higher native resolution.

This shit always seems to happen during launches. The funny part is that Wii-U games all run at 1080p. Yea it can't hold a candle to the One or the PS4 in terms of graphical power but Nintendo has done a pretty solid job enforcing that requirement.

The One version of BF4 is 720p, the PS4's is higher than 720p.

That much is known in a non rumor format.

Rumors are pointing to the One version SP looking better than PS4 MP.

Could me true. But if it is, I'd wager that PS4 SP looks better than Xbone SP or MP.

Like COD Ghosts, BF4 on Xbone is supposedly only 720p. All I've read for PS4 BF4 is that it's higher than 720p, with 900p a strong possibility.

The problem I have is that he's comparing multiplayer on one console to singleplayer on the other. That's not a valid comparison.

LINK

Rumors are pointing to the One version SP looking better than PS4 MP. Keep in mind PS4 MP version of Killzone has lower graphics so they can get 60 FPS, where the SP version has better graphics and 30 FPS.

I believe you're adding emphasis on the word "One", from the article it's simply "one of the consoles look significantly better"

Last edited:
I believe you're adding emphasis on the word "One", from the article it's simply "one of the consoles look significantly better"
The rumors I'm referring to are from other sites not linked in this article. The point was why would this journalist say that "we'll be very surprised" by what we'll see, because up till now almost everyone was under the assumption PS4 would be superior. There's nothing surprising about that, but we would be surprised if the One version was superior.

Ugh I'm lost here...on current gen the multiplayer didn't look as good as the singleplayer in BF3.

So they are comparing PS4 multiplayer to Xone's single player and the Xone's single player looks a little better? wouldn't this be common sense anyway? There's a reason why they're not comparing single player vs single player lol.

The rumors I'm referring to are from other sites not linked in this article. The point was why would this journalist say that "we'll be very surprised" by what we'll see, because up till now almost everyone was under the assumption PS4 would be superior. There's nothing surprising about that, but we would be surprised if the One version was superior.

Well, remember with the current gen consoles, if you made a game for the Xbox 360, it was much easier to then port it to the PS3 than the other way around. It could just be that they continued the tradition by making it for the Xbox One and then ported it to the PS4 and they ran into some unforeseable consequences with unfamiliar hardware.

At this point, I'm wondering what games will really be the big franchises. With the Xbox 360 and PS3, many of the best games (or at least most popular, besides COD ) were franchises that were created for that generation (Gears of War, Uncharted, Infamous, Borderlands, Assassin's Creed, Batman Arham, etc). I'm wondering what new stuff will knock people's socks off next year, and the year after.

BF4 is going to look the same on both consoles, and still not as great looking as the PC version at all. This truely is a sad "next-gen" bump in consoles. FYI MP uses more CPU than the SP portion so this may explain why SP looks better than MP.

Ok latest leaks:

BF4= 900p on the PS4

CoD: both machines have framerate issues that are being ironed out for launch.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=87636724#post87636724

edit to add:
Framerate issues on both consoles would point to not proper multithreading of the code IMHO. Let's wait and see.

So you mean more rumors. Since nothing here is really confirmed by anything other than forum users confirming what other forum users are gossiping about.

And the rumor train continues.

Tomorrow you can expect the BF4 MP (PS4) vs SP (xb1) footage.

Let's both make crowpie and see who eats it "it is just a rumor".

I will just leave this here:

fwt738.jpg

Until there is actual video proof of it and not twitter posts and forum posts and nonsensical gossip it'll remain "rumors".

Why this such a tough concept to accept? So many of you have far too much trust over what the media tells you.

Guess we might find out tomorrow then and at the very least we can see an end to these pointless rumor threads that serve no purpose outside of fanboy flames.

Wow. PS4 MP better looking than Xbone SP ?

And I assume PS4 SP graphics destroys Xbone SP graphics.

I'm starting to think it's worse than we thought. I wonder how MS is going to survive this generation ? I wouldn't doubt if it goes the way of the Dreamcast. We already know Sony will dominate the overseas markets, but if it dominates in the US as well, bye bye Xbox division.

The PS4 looking better isn't surprising to me. So again, why would he say "we'll be surprised"? Unless of course there are still people out there that for some reason believe the One has equal or better graphical capabilities.

Surprised because MP always drops the IQ due to it being way more stressful than SP on the Battlefield Series.

The PS4 looking better isn't surprising to me. So again, why would he say "we'll be surprised"? Unless of course there are still people out there that for some reason believe the One has equal or better graphical capabilities.

That's what I was wondering. Surprising would be if the Xbox One looked better. Haha

PS4 MP looking better than XBone SP wouldn't be surprising to you?

It would be to me.

That's what I was wondering. Surprising would be if the Xbox One looked better. Haha

Haha

Depends on your expectations I guess.

I was in Gamestop last month getting GTA V and I'm talking to the dude in line behind me and he asks if I decided what console I'm getting next gen. I said PS4 all the way. I like the games better and it's more powerful. The GS dude behind the counter interrupts me and says oh no it's not ! Blah blah balance blah blah. I was just like, I don't think so dude. But some people are really out of the loop and they do think somehow magically that Xbox One hw is the equal of PS4 hw. So for those types, it will be "surprising" that PS4 graphics are unquestionably better on a big 3rd party game like BF.

Surprised because MP always drops the IQ due to it being way more stressful than SP on the Battlefield Series.
I understand that. Like I said, Sony is doing that with Killzone to get 60 FPS. But the PS4 has been shown to have 33% larger GPU and significantly higher memory bandwidth. It's quiet possible that the system is simply that much more powerful than One, that even MP it looks better. I've linked benchmarks here before that have shown identical GPU's, but one with DDR3 and the other with GDDR5; the GDDR5 cards are upwards of 60% faster, even with less memory (compared 2GB DDR3 vs 1GB GDDR5).

I'm not surprised. A lot of people are believing the Xbox One hype that Major Nelson is spewing and have not yet grasped the significant performance advantage PS4 has.

ESRAM rumored to be a permanent bottleneck for Xbox One.

An alleged “insider” claims to have spoken with a developer who says that the Xbox One “has no chance in hell for parity with PS4″.

The funny part about this is, I know there are a few people reading this right now that are saying to them self "just wait and see", because they still think there's some dGPU or hidden feature that is going to blow Sony out of the water. We're 3 weeks from release, the hidden goodies would of leaked by now. Microsoft's positioning since launch and a series of reversals on their policies shows a complete lack of confidence in what they originally thought would be a winning recipe. What makes anyone think Microsoft haven't made the same mistakes with their hardware?

Last edited:
I've linked benchmarks here before that have shown identical GPU's, but one with DDR3 and the other with GDDR5; the GDDR5 cards are upwards of 60% faster, even with less memory (compared 2GB DDR3 vs 1GB GDDR5).

I'm not surprised. A lot of people are believing the Xbox One hype that Major Nelson is spewing and have not yet grasped the significant performance advantage PS4 has.

People that drink the Kool Aid keep drinking the Kool Aid. No matter how large of a technical advantage the PS4 is claimed to have, XBox fans can revert to the "bottleneck eliminating" ESRAM as a fallback. Plus they listen to what MS says about the One being "more balanced". I know a guy a work (great guy and a HUGE gamer) that is 100% all in on the XBox One. He thinks is has "more processors" so it can do crazy shit with media and games. I pointed out to him that the XBox 360 can't even do 1080P on NetFlix so he shouldn't get too excited about what MS will let him do with the One, he doesn't care.

Another guy is a huge XBox fan and Major Nelson is tech Jesus to him. If Major Nelson says it will be OK, he is all in. If *anything* about the PS4 being better comes up, he is all "Just wait and see, it is all just rumors" Doesn't matter that the One is saddled with significantly slower system RAM or that the GPU is slower either, he has full faith the One will be superior. If any of his XBox defenses fails, he says the Playstation has a shit controller and he refuses to use it.

Both of those guys will get a One, claim it is the greatest thing ever, and disregard everything about the PS4.

Reading some of those comments... Just wow :eek:

His vision, his fault.

Don't get to run away from this fallout.

The issues comes from facts. If you don't want to hear what I present, can't help you.

Focus your ire to the people who made these decisions regarding hardware. When messager is right you get mad, but I warn because I don't like what I've seen over the last 20 months.

Plan never not for gamers. Xbox One or PS4 or Wii U. All of Us. When directive are apps first, power second, this is not for gamers. When questions about DRM/online policy are [floate intenraly and disregard 3d]

Because monetization is job one for Executives, this is not for gamers. When you are lied to directly about features, that's not for gamers.
Today, Snap is broke. Fact. Maybe (and probably) fix for launch. Today connectivity and party is broken. Fact. And Maybe fix before launch.

ESRam is problem and tools will help down the road. Hardware will always be grim in comparison. This can never change without new hardware. Fact. Get mad at who you should be getting mad at.

Not the forum.
Not the posters.
Not people who know what's right and wrong and want to help gamers.

See you after launch

Seems like folks are a tad upset with Microsoft wanting to monetize the Xbox brand even more so than the 360 did.

From the article :

Take these rumors for what you will, they are just that at this point.

I mean come on. RUMORS guys. A lot can happen between something broke today the 28th of October and November 22nd , pretty unfair to judge a console in modern times based on its pre-release problems. If it releases with lots of broken stuff that's another story.

From the article :

I mean come on. RUMORS guys. A lot can happen between something broke today the 28th of October and November 22nd , pretty unfair to judge a console in modern times based on its pre-release problems. If it releases with lots of broken stuff that's another story.

MS has enough resources to fix the technical problems before launch. The performance problems will remain.

Thats no reason to ignore credible sources.
CBOAT actually works at MS, if you didn't know.
Of course this is making people nervous, the have 24 days to launch, at this point there shouldn't be any rumors of shit going wrong, and they certainly shouldn't be avoiding the question of why hasn't anyone been shown the actual working UI.

No one has BTW, they released this "mock up" or whatever they are calling it now, today.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/meet-xbox-one?xr=shellnav

The demo units are beta and have nothing from the UI, according to penello.
you can dig for that here, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705712

I just checked them out. A lot of people are still really uninformed, particularly about the memory. Microsoft added ESRAM bandwidth + DDR3 bandwidth together and threw that to the media, claimimg that's the total memory bandwidth. People looking for an edge over PS4 ran with it. The truth is the CPU and GPU talk to DDR3 and ESRAM at different speeds, you don't add up both speeds then claim "total bandwidth".

Imagine if Toyota took a hybrid, added the electric motor horse power (50) with the gasoline motor horse power (125) and claimed "total HP of 175". While not technically lying, the motors don't work together and offer the same performance that a gasoline motor of 175HP would.

ESRAM is simply a very small pool of fast memory that the One's GPU talks directly with. The games need to be coded to constantly swap data in and out of the ESRAM. I doubt the GPU will be reading/writing to DDR3, little if any at all.

Off topic anybody know why no reviews haven't been posted?

The consoles are weeks out from release and the games for them (specific versions of them) will be NDA until right before those consoles release.

You won't see any reviews from major outlets until then.

The consoles are weeks out from release and the games for them (specific versions of them) will be NDA until right before those consoles release.

You won't see any reviews from major outlets until then.

No I meant reviews for the game in general, 360, ps3, pc

No I meant reviews for the game in general, 360, ps3, pc

BF4 just came out today and I'm not surprised that the major outlets are waiting until they actually experience it correctly with the public , online.

Ass Creed 4 doesn't release until Wed.

COD comes out Tuesday next week so you won't see anything until 12:00 am that night.

This is all standard for holiday releases.

BF4 just came out today and I'm not surprised that the major outlets are waiting until they actually experience it correctly with the public , online.

Ass Creed 4 doesn't release until Wed.

COD comes out Tuesday next week so you won't see anything until 12:00 am that night.

This is all standard for holiday releases.

Yeah your right, looked at BF3 and the embargo didn't drop until release day....;)

Back