• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BF3 with 6950's crossfire 2GB?

zod96

Suspected BAD TRADER
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
2,709
I would like to play BF3 at the following settings:

Everything set to HIGH
No differed AA
High Post AA
HBAO OFF
SABO ON
Maintain 60 frames
Vysnc On

Would 2 6950's in crossfire be able to to this at 2560x1440? These would be the 2GB models. I would like my frames to stay between 50-60 and never dip from that. Is this asking to much? I would get a 7950, but they are sold out every where and I would need a card within the next couple of days....
 
you should be damn golden --

I'm running a 6950+6970 2GB models and i Have everything cranked to max, including both forms of AA, all the other bells and whistles, vsync on and I get a solid 60FPS the whole time.

Granted thats 1920X1080P

to help put it in perspective, even with Vsync off I get 100FPS with dips down into the mid 70s during lots of action in a server.

I think you will be very happy :)
 
Yeah I know at 1920x1080P that would be easy to do. But 2560x1440 is like twice the res thus twice the power needed...
 
I'm doing it now- but I'm not sure about my settings. Also at 2560x1600, with the 2500k at 4.8GHz. I'll have to take a look when I get off, as I've been playing with it lately.
 
Aw that would be great man. If you could run something like fraps and get some numbers with vysnc on? I've been holding off buying my new monitor until I get some solid numbers for that res and setup...
 
Back
Top